Flights and Cruise Not Linked

cestladore

I might have to lose out on the money for 3 flights because they were not booked as part of a package. My cruise is cancelled for early September, however British Airways is only allowing travel vouchers up to the 31st of August. Cruise is rebooked for the same time in 2021 (on the most similar sailing), but they're not allowing you to change that far ahead. I don't think there's anything we can do now as travel is allowed to Italy with no quarantine. On top of that one of the people booked is in their 70s, so really isn't comfortable traveling. We've just been told by British Airways agents to wait until the next set of guidelines. 

Not sure we have any options apart from go back in a time machine and pay double the amount for the flights through Royal Caribbean rather than book independently. We're going to and from Venice (moved to Ravenna from next year, annoyingly). At least we got the cruise rebooked, I guess. Anyone got any ideas on what to do or any experience with this?

Edited by cestladore

1 hour ago, cestladore said:

I might have to lose out on the money for 3 flights because they were not booked as part of a package. My cruise is cancelled for early September, however British Airways is only allowing travel vouchers up to the 31st of August. Cruise is rebooked for the same time in 2021 (on the most similar sailing), but they're not allowing you to change that far ahead. I don't think there's anything we can do now as travel is allowed to Italy with no quarantine. On top of that one of the people booked is in their 70s, so really isn't comfortable traveling. We've just been told by British Airways agents to wait until the next set of guidelines. 

Not sure we have any options apart from go back in a time machine and pay double the amount for the flights through Royal Caribbean rather than book independently. We're going to and from Venice (moved to Ravenna from next year, annoyingly). At least we got the cruise rebooked, I guess. Anyone got any ideas on what to do or any experience with this?

You can hope that the next set of guidelines help you or that BA cancel your flight and refund you. 

Except for that you took the risk and bought cheaper, non-refundable tickets and may have lost your money. That's how it is.

I hope that the next set of guidelines will help you.

4 hours ago, cestladore said:

Not sure how Travel Insurance works where you live.

Here in the States, we would have a couple of options that "may" have helped us.

We sometimes have the option to refuse to accept the future flight credits in writing and get reimbursed by the travel insurance. Or, 2, we could possibly wait out the time frame of the credit, let it pass and then file a claim for the unused air travel tickets.

A lot of variables in this scenario. Some might work, some might not. Each State in the US regulates insurance sold in their state.

Not sure if any of these ideas are of any value to you. Hopefully.

Edited by klfrodo