Bait and Switch.

steveyulia1

Just for some clarity here. Unless you count the US Navy. Ive never been on a cruise. Never had a desire and frankly I still don’t. My wife has been needling me for years so I caved and started researching trips. As far as the pandemic is concerned. We live in a country that allows freedom of choice. I personally don’t buy the hyp. Do as you will with that.  I Book one trip out of MANY available from all cruise lines for the dates I have available. I’m angry that they accepted the reservation, took the money cancelled the cruise 3 days later and now make us wait for a min of 60 days according to their site yet from what I’m hearing the wait could go as long as 120 days until the money is refunded. That is my rant. Not looking for nor do I care that you expert cruisers out there want to freak out that someone book because it was available. When you wouldn’t have. Don’t care what your opinion of the matter is. I am posted no this to inform others of a very negative and expensive experience with this cruise line was. 

Thanks

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, steveyulia1 said:

Bait - offering a great deal to get ppl to pay for the service. 

Switch - cancel said deal cpl days after taking the money. 

The little extra insult is to make the consumer wait in excess of 90 days to get their money returned. 

bait-and-switch
noun
the action (generally illegal) of advertising goods which are an apparent bargain, with the intention of substituting inferior or more expensive goods.

Not the same thing at all.  

• Like 1

On 7/7/2020 at 3:11 PM, sfaaa said:

No cruise line does prompt refund these days. Just sayin'

This isnt true at all.  DCL the other line I have been following closely has 2-3 week refund time frame for most.  There have been some hang ups which seem to be mostly TA centered.  MSC is doing one of the worst jobs at handling refunds.  Do not lie on their behalf.

2 hours ago, aprilF said:

This isnt true at all.  DCL the other line I have been following closely has 2-3 week refund time frame for most.  There have been some hang ups which seem to be mostly TA centered.  MSC is doing one of the worst jobs at handling refunds.  Do not lie on their behalf.

That's pretty funny for Disney.  Usually trying to get money from them is like squeezing water from a stone.  Somebody missed a memo.

On 7/9/2020 at 3:57 PM, BermudaBound2014 said:

Not necessarily:(. Unfortunately, it looks like USA credit cards are preparing for wide spread travel industry bankruptcies as some Cc companies have already removed  the language which protects consumers from travel agency, tour operator, and travel supplier insolvency . Notice red line below- consumers used to be covered- this is a covid inspired change  :(.  

This is the reason I elected cash back Over fcc. I will not be making any travel deposits either  (without being prepared to lose 100%.) IMO- The possibility of cruise line insolvency is very real and consumers should be aware. 

BC008AB8-0FC3-4D3A-BEE9-E2EF6348A0BB.png

correct, and this is why I cancelled  my bookings (8 or 9 if I remember right) for this year and next with full refunds. I had several impacted by Covid, and others I proactively cancelled. I’m not waiting for a cruise lines to go belly up and hold onto a worthless FCC.