Quantum transpacific

Quantum shows a cruise from Tokyo and returning on 4/10/21, then it shows in Alaska. There had been a transpacific showing departure from Tokyo on 4/25 for a 15 day cruise arriving in Seattle. This had been listed on the website for a short time but was removed. Whats going on? Is it real, sold out or what? Thanks for any info

Our transpacific cruise on the Serenade 4/17/21 has been missing online for at least 6 weeks. i called and they said it was in the red. She said it could mean it is sold out. My TA called last week and was told it was cancelled and Royal would be announcing soon. They are still selling sailings before and after it. So who knows for sure? I think Royal will continue to sell as long as they can even when the know a sailing is going to be cancelled. 

1 hour ago, Traveldazed said:

Our transpacific cruise on the Serenade 4/17/21 has been missing online for at least 6 weeks. i called and they said it was in the red. She said it could mean it is sold out. My TA called last week and was told it was cancelled and Royal would be announcing soon. They are still selling sailings before and after it. So who knows for sure? I think Royal will continue to sell as long as they can even when the know a sailing is going to be cancelled. 

I think that the Serenade is sold out - a lot of folks did the lift and shift from this years cancelled TP on the Radiance.

10 hours ago, Manymice said:

Quantum shows a cruise from Tokyo and returning on 4/10/21, then it shows in Alaska. There had been a transpacific showing departure from Tokyo on 4/25 for a 15 day cruise arriving in Seattle. This had been listed on the website for a short time but was removed. Whats going on? Is it real, sold out or what? Thanks for any info

We have inquired about this "Quantum Phantom" transpacific sailing. 

Answer: No one knows.

RCCL has acknowledged that "it was there but no longer there". 

There are Alaska sailings on the Quantum available for bookings in 2021...so we jokingly asked RCCL if the Quantum is sailing "sans passengers" from Tokyo to Alaska? They said "We don't think so, but we don't know".  Just like you, we are waiting for it to come back.

We were booked on this phantom sailing...then it just simply disappeared...and cancelled by RCCL. Several of the Quantum sailings in 2021 were either cancelled or the itineraries revised by RCCL...including sailings embarking from Hong Kong changed to Singapore.

• 1 month later...

We just booked the Quantum transpacific for October 2021. It was a lift and shift from the April 2021 on the Serenade, and a GREAT price. Fingers crossed. I noticed that when you look at deck plans there is a pre-May 2021 and post-May 2021 option. Does anyone know what they are going to do to the Quantum that would change the deck plans?

On 7/9/2020 at 8:24 AM, Manymice said:

For the time being Quantum is scheduled to do two Japan sailings out of Tokyo which are also still bookable, but yeah the transpacific crossing suddently disapeared. I doubt it is fully booked under the current circumstances and also it would be to early to cancel as possibly Japan and Alaska will allow cruises by then again.

8 hours ago, cruisin from florida said:

We just booked the Quantum transpacific for October 2021. It was a lift and shift from the April 2021 on the Serenade, and a GREAT price. Fingers crossed. I noticed that when you look at deck plans there is a pre-May 2021 and post-May 2021 option. Does anyone know what they are going to do to the Quantum that would change the deck plans?

RCI is recategorizing all ships in May 2021 to simplify the number of categories.  Originally they were supposed to launch the Spa category at the same time, but that has been postponed indefinitely.

8 hours ago, cruisin from florida said:

We just booked the Quantum transpacific for October 2021. It was a lift and shift from the April 2021 on the Serenade, and a GREAT price.

How do you L&S from October to April - L&S was limited to 11-13 month shifts?

• Like 1

Doesn't surprise me in the least,we booked a 5 night cruise on Quantum from Singapore on March 22nd 2021 which suddenly changed to a 2 week repo cruise to Tokyo,querying it with RCI brought a rather rude reply that I didn't know what I was talking about,there never had been a 5 night cruise,eventually followed by a reversal of that stance & an apology,every RCI cruise we have booked so far has changed after booking,I have visions of booking a Med cruise & ending up with a tour of the Irish Sea!😂