dining menu questions?

bulldogmom

Hello everyone,

It is me (again) with even more questions. I told you I'd be back! LOL

I'd like to know if anyone has copies of the dinner menus for Celebrity. I know that the menus will vary from ship to ship and they will be different for 11-night sailings than what they are for 7-night sailings but I'd still like to get an idea of what is offered (I mean beyond the basic "steak, seafood and chicken answers). This board has been so helpful thus far, so I'm hoping that someone out there has these and would be willing to pass them on to little ole me! :D

Also, DH is a foodie. On Celebrity are your tablemates going to look at him like he has two heads if he decides he wants to try two entrees or two desserts? Like I said before I have never cruised with Celebrity before (only Carnival) so this is like a whole new ballgame for me.

If anyone can answer these questions I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

one thing that we started to do is to order one appetizer and one shrimp cocktail to enjoy in the cabin while getting ready for dinner. We had late seating, so would request if for around 7:15. Enjoyed a glass of wine and the tasting, then once at dinner we were ready to try something else. Nice way to sample more without eating too much and feeling full at dinner.

Go to my cruise critic post #28 at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=5698065#post5698065

I have listed the entrees for an 11 day cruise. There IS a day one menu for all Celebrity ships, and it is the hake.

there may have been some modernization of the menus since these were Nov '04 and July 05 for Summit. I did notice the same menu days 1 and 2 in December 05 and january 06 on Millenium and Century.

We were on the 14 day Hawaii and about day 11 or so they had "rack of lamb-George V style" and it was outstanding. I am not a lamb person, never make it at home but it was one of my favorite entrees.

In the Normandie they had rack of lamb done in Wellington style w/the mushrooms duxelles and the puff pastry. I didn't get it because the portions are so much larger in there but everyone who had it couldn't stop raving about it.

Hello everyone,

It is me (again) with even more questions. I told you I'd be back! LOL

I'd like to know if anyone has copies of the dinner menus for Celebrity. I know that the menus will vary from ship to ship and they will be different for 11-night sailings than what they are for 7-night sailings but I'd still like to get an idea of what is offered (I mean beyond the basic "steak, seafood and chicken answers). This board has been so helpful thus far, so I'm hoping that someone out there has these and would be willing to pass them on to little ole me! :D

Also, DH is a foodie. On Celebrity are your tablemates going to look at him like he has two heads if he decides he wants to try two entrees or two desserts? Like I said before I have never cruised with Celebrity before (only Carnival) so this is like a whole new ballgame for me.

If anyone can answer these questions I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

The menus are for the dining room are usually the same on all Celebrity ships. However, they are in the process of changing the menus so some ships will be using the old menus and others the new.

Feel free to order more than one of a course. Hubby and I like the mushroom appetizer the first night and usually order a double. We would also order an additional pasta dish that we would share along with our entrees. A good waiter knows the quandry of choosing just one desert and besides bringing your ordered desert will usually bring samples of all the deserts for the table to try. Also, if you do enjoy a desert at any time (lunch or dinner) and you would like to have it again, be sure to let your waiter or the maitre'd know.

Here is a website which has menus for all different ships and lines:

http://cruiseclues.com/menus.htm

Archived