I could use a Rebellious Fish about right now...

PTC DAWG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's Friday afternoon around 4:50 pm and I'm sitting here drinking a glass of East & West 2017 Red Blend by Norwegian Cruise Line (Cellared & Bottled by The Michael Mondavi Family Napa, California).  We did a grocery shopping run to Grocery Outlet, King City, Oregon branch and this wine is for sale for $4.99 per bottle.  We only bought two bottles because I wanted to be sure it was good.  It is and we'll go back tomorrow and pick up a case or two.

I guess it makes sense that if the ships aren't sailing they have to do something with the proprietary products made for the cruise companies.  It is the real deal ... and it makes me sad although grateful I saw it sitting on the shelf.  I posted same info in another thread but thought it more properly belongs here so I apologize for sort of double post.

These are sad times.  Thank God for wine.

12 hours ago, kjquilts said:

It's Friday afternoon around 4:50 pm and I'm sitting here drinking a glass of East & West 2017 Red Blend by Norwegian Cruise Line (Cellared & Bottled by The Michael Mondavi Family Napa, California).  We did a grocery shopping run to Grocery Outlet, King City, Oregon branch and this wine is for sale for $4.99 per bottle.  We only bought two bottles because I wanted to be sure it was good.  It is and we'll go back tomorrow and pick up a case or two.

I guess it makes sense that if the ships aren't sailing they have to do something with the proprietary products made for the cruise companies.  It is the real deal ... and it makes me sad although grateful I saw it sitting on the shelf.  I posted same info in another thread but thought it more properly belongs here so I apologize for sort of double post.

These are sad times.  Thank God for wine.

Thank God for wine is right!  LOL!

It is pretty good wine.  I just opened a bottle of the North and South (basically the same wine) that we had brought home from a cruise.  It was a little emotional drinking it and remembering all our cruises and missing going on one.

I've never seen it in the store, I'm going to have to look now.  It used to be a pretty good price onboard when it first came out and then they really bumped up the price to a ridiculous amount.  At $4.99 it's a great price, a couple of cases sounds like a good idea.  You'll corner the market in your area.   Enjoy!

3 hours ago, goldmom said:

Thank God for wine is right!  LOL!

It is pretty good wine.  I just opened a bottle of the North and South (basically the same wine) that we had brought home from a cruise.  It was a little emotional drinking it and remembering all our cruises and missing going on one.

I've never seen it in the store, I'm going to have to look now.  It used to be a pretty good price onboard when it first came out and then they really bumped up the price to a ridiculous amount.  At $4.99 it's a great price, a couple of cases sounds like a good idea.  You'll corner the market in your area.   Enjoy!

Just noticed you joined Cruise Critic two days before me (July 2005).  Was looking at the Grocery Outlet ad on line and they also have the NCL East West Sauvignon Blanc for $4.99 a bottle.  Will be picking up some along with more of the East West Red Blend.  You could make a road trip to Pennsylvania - one of the 6 states Grocery Outlet is located :)

2 hours ago, kjquilts said:

Just noticed you joined Cruise Critic two days before me (July 2005).  Was looking at the Grocery Outlet ad on line and they also have the NCL East West Sauvignon Blanc for $4.99 a bottle.  Will be picking up some along with more of the East West Red Blend.  You could make a road trip to Pennsylvania - one of the 6 states Grocery Outlet is located 🙂

That's pretty funny.  Long time and a lot of cruises ago!

Hmmm, thanks for the info.  I see a road trip in my future!