Check drink package prices!

23 hours ago, Dinglebert said:

Why would that be?  I don't get the connection at all.

Interest free loans for 60.....90...... 120 days or whatever they extend the refund stretch goal number to when it comes time to send the $$ back......

Edited by NateUpNorth

4 hours ago, NateUpNorth said:

Interest free loans for 60.....90...... 120 days or whatever they extend the refund stretch goal number to when it comes time to send the $$ back......

Not my point. The point made was the cruises which are lowered their prices were the ones which would be cancelled.  No connection at all.

40 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

Not my point. The point made was the cruises which are lowered their prices were the ones which would be cancelled.  No connection at all.

And my point is the lowered prices are to entice money in the door whilst RCL knows they will never have to "honor" the pricing.... thus providing themselves interest free loans.....straight line from A to B......

56 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

And my point is the lowered prices are to entice money in the door whilst RCL knows they will never have to "honor" the pricing.... thus providing themselves interest free loans.....straight line from A to B......

I give up.  That was not the original point.  The original point was that RCI were discounting drinks packages on cruises which were never going to sail in order to entice people to buy the cruise.  My point is that people buying cruises do not know the price of the drinks package until they have actually bought the cruise.  No straight line from A to B.

7 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

I give up.  That was not the original point.  The original point was that RCI were discounting drinks packages on cruises which were never going to sail in order to entice people to buy the cruise.  My point is that people buying cruises do not know the price of the drinks package until they have actually bought the cruise.  No straight line from A to B.

My original point was that  I already had the cruise booked. If they know that cruise is probably going to get canceled they could sell all onboard activities, drink packages and special dinners at a loss, as a way to bring in extra revenue, with  the knowledge that they will never have to honor those prices. Therefor creating an interest free loan. It was never an enticement to book a cruise, it was an enticement to spend more money beforehand. If someone books a drink, dinner, or excursion package beforehand, they could easily spend more than they spent on the cruise itself.

• Like 1