Ship change Grand to Regal cabin allocations..

Bizziecruzer

On 7/22/2020 at 8:10 AM, wookie78 said:

Wow.  I would be super pissed also that's a huge downgrade.  Don't know about the unconfigurable twin beds though.  Does that mean you have to have twins?

So I called them today, wouldn't budge.  Said all the S3s were already sold out.

Going to cancel after discussing with the wife - such a good itinerary too!

1 hour ago, DaisyRose said:

We are on the August 7 Norwegian Fjords cruise.  

I had the same cabin for August 7 Norwegian Fjords and August 14 Scandinavia on the Grand.  On the Regal, they put us in 2 separate cabins on different decks.  My agent was able to change to the same cabin for both cruises.

Princess should offer a small OBC for the inconvenience for changing the ship and all the mistakes they are making allotting the cabins as most of use choose the cabins we want.

Edited by phabric

On 7/22/2020 at 4:16 PM, nullroute said:

Yeah, there's no option for queen beds in the cruise personalizer, just a box with twin beds only.  I emailed my travel planner at princess since I don't have hours to call and try to fix it to see what she says, but looking like a cancel for me.  Shame too, the itinerary is really nice.

We've been allotted a forward facing S5 on Aloha deck.

I checked out a similar one on youtube, the beds are Queen size.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzEaPicp1sM

We're not keen on being so far up and forward especially as the cruise is a Transatlantic.

7 hours ago, Glenndale said:

We've been allotted a forward facing S5 on Aloha deck.

I checked out a similar one on youtube, the beds are Queen size.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzEaPicp1sM

We're not keen on being so far up and forward especially as the cruise is a Transatlantic.

We were allotted the same cabin A101 on Regal.  We are not happy either being so high up.  Had my TA call on 23rd, the day Princess asked us to wait for and was told all other S5's were sold out! So we are just going to wait and see.  If the cruise does seem to be going as scheduled next year we will just watch and see if someone cancels.

It was an upgrade from the S7 so we will take it if that is the only one we can get.

I too had two cabins: a mini suite and an inside.  They were right across the hall as my grandchildren were in the inside.  When they switched the ships we were on Baja and the kids were forward on Riviera.  I was pissed.  I also was on the phone for long hold periods and told there was nothing else available. I understand that we are ALL calling at the same time with the same issue.  I can answer the question on money.  The computer automatically refares for the new category and they have been going in and manually refaring with the correct price.  So, don't worry about that unless it is a month past and nothing has been fixed.

I booked under a specialty group fare.  I explained to them that I booked (and paid for) it immediately when it opened up because there were only 4 combinations left where I could. When they told me that it wasn't possible for me to get across the hall in my fare group I said - no problem.  When my 10 YO granddaughter or my 13 YO autistic granddaughter wakes up at 2 in the morning and starts knocking on every single cabin door and every deck until they find me - well, I guess that's what needs to happen.  OR YOU CAN GET ME ACROSS THE HALL FROM THEM. 

It took them 1-1/2 hours to do it.  I asked to be wait listed for a Handicap Cabin.  They were able to do it but that is when they told me that the computer would automatically refare me to the current asking price and that I would need to call back and get it corrected.

This has been a living nightmare for both passengers and Princess.  The employees are working really hard to fix everything.  Remember - they are human and it is not their fault the virus is happening and ships are being sold and cruises are being changed.  Often I have known more than they have.  They have had to let masses of people go and I for one am trying to be patient with getting everything fixed.  I would LOVE to get my money back from the cancelled cruise and now from the move over.  My 24 day cruise was paid for as well as many shore excursions, the drinks, photo plan etc.  I know I'm not alone.  Later this week when I have all my credit card statements in I will call and ask what the 5 different credits from Princess are for.  I wish it would actually say instead of put random dollar amounts.  How am I supposed to know what the refund for $165.06 is for?  Someone brought up about using gift cards too.  I used $750 of those too!

Some employees have been less than stellar but most have been awesome and tried their best to help.  Sure, I was on hold for long periods of time quite often but I am happy that I will get to cruise again with a company that I like.  All I'm saying is - take a big breath and hold on.  We will get back to our happy go lucky cruising days soon.  I hope.

Honestly, I always liked the Regal better than the Grand anyway.  I just hope I get to sail on her in the Med next July with my 4 grandkids, son and husband.   That we are all healthy and happy.  I don't care what ship I am on as long as we are together.