NCL Escape cruises for February 2021 no longer listed

26 minutes ago, packercruising said:

Aren't those ferrys expensive. We often though it might be fun just to take it over and back. Sounds like fun! 

The Badger is not too bad (cost). Lake Express is more and is on the expensive side, especially if you bring your car or truck. To see their prices, check out: https://www.ssbadger.com/

https://www.lake-express.com/

A lot of people do take the ferries over & back, just for fun, especially the Badger. She is designated as a National Historic Landmark and is the last coal-fired passenger steamer still operating in the U.S.

Badger crossing is 4 hrs each way compared to the Lake Express crossing which is only 2 1/2 hrs each way. Of the two, I would probably recommend taking the Badger for her historic significance, less expensive fare(s) and longer crossing time (if your taking her for fun, no hurry right?).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, farmersfight said:

The Badger is not too bad (cost). Lake Express is more and is on the expensive side, especially if you bring your car or truck. To see their prices, check out: https://www.ssbadger.com/

https://www.lake-express.com/

A lot of people do take the ferries over & back, just for fun, especially the Badger. She is designated as a National Historic Landmark and is the last coal-fired passenger steamer still operating in the U.S.

Badger crossing is 4 hrs each way compared to the Lake Express crossing which is only 2 1/2 hrs each way. Of the two, I would probably recommend taking the Badger for her historic significance, less expensive fare(s) and longer crossing time (if your taking her for fun, no hurry right?).

We would definitely take Badger, if we did that, if for no other reason than to stay out of Milwaukee. 😀

17 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Ugh! Well if this storm/ hurricane keeps tracking towards us. We will head west up to Tallahassee. We vowed to never be a hero and hang around through a storm.

Anyway. Looking for help on a future NCL Cruise. What makes me choose NCL over Celebrity?

Help me out Wisconsinites!!

Probably why our snowbirds come back in the summer. Stay safe.

We have only sailed Celebrity once, and we are Platinum on NCL, so that should be a clue. We are also Diamond on RCI. 

We started cruising in 1998 with NCL. We cruised as a group with Green Bay Packer players, so we didn't have a choice. If you like laid back, NCL is the line. They also have a bar that serves food and is open 24/7. When you are on vacation, you want to do what you want and not be restricted. That's NCL and they seem to have the best perks, Free drink packages, wi-fi, etc. How much have you cruised Celebrity? We only did it once and the CD ruined it for pretty much every one on the ship. I think they got rid of him shortly thereafter. I think Celebrity is higher priced too.

I'm a long time Packer backer, and my son is a shareholder also. Although we have never visited Lambeau field it is definitely on my bucket list. I used to go to Packer games at the old Brewers field in Milwaukee back in the seventies.

I was interested in the brat discussion, and was fortunate for many years to have a German meat market here in Oklahoma with wonderful brats and knockwursts. Alas the family retired and now the grocer has been converted to a hipster coffee shop... I still have Kringles shipped from Racine and keep them in the freezer for when I need a sweet fix. 

If you guys decide to open a Packer, or NFC North group, count me in.

My DW and I have sailed Celebrity, Princess, Carnival, Holland, RCCL, and Norwegian. Holland and Celebrity were both very nice, but have been too expensive for us to consider when there are alternatives available.  NCL is less formal, and dress is much more casual, which makes packing easier. NCL can be hit or miss on entertainment. The guest entertainers are generally comparable, but the house shows are often lacking on NCL. I enjoy the staff and level of service on NCL, and tend to sail their smaller ships. 

Best wishes, stay safe and smooth sailings.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, okpaddy said:

I'm a long time Packer backer, and my son is a shareholder also. Although we have never visited Lambeau field it is definitely on my bucket list. I used to go to Packer games at the old Brewers field in Milwaukee back in the seventies.

I was interested in the brat discussion, and was fortunate for many years to have a German meat market here in Oklahoma with wonderful brats and knockwursts. Alas the family retired and now the grocer has been converted to a hipster coffee shop... I still have Kringles shipped from Racine and keep them in the freezer for when I need a sweet fix. 

My DW and I have sailed Celebrity, Princess, Carnival, Holland, RCCL, and Norwegian. Holland and Celebrity were both very nice, but have been too expensive for us to consider when there are alternatives available.  NCL is less formal, and dress is much more casual, which makes packing easier. NCL can be hit or miss on entertainment. The guest entertainers are generally comparable, but the house shows are often lacking on NCL. I enjoy the staff and level of service on NCL, and tend to sail their smaller ships. 

Best wishes, stay safe and smooth sailings.

I like your avatar. 😀 The only Carnival that we sailed was the Glory and we did not like it. The best thing I can say about it is that they had good Calzones. Service was bad. Staff couldn't even answer basic questions. They only had 1 main show and it was late at night. The comedian seemed to think that the F word was the only word needed to be hilarious. Some friends had a serious problem with their cabin and couldn't get it fixed. Just irritating things that added up.

You definitely need to get up to Lambeau Field. There is no other place that comes close. They keep adding new things to do, so it isn't just for Packer games. I remember those games ar County Stadium. The best seats in the house were the bleachers. Terrible place for football, though. Milwaukee ticket holders complained mightily when all the games were moved to Green Bay, but they didn't make any provisions for football when they built Miller Park.Now Budweiser has bought the naming rights for Miller park and Johnsonville has the bratwurst contract. No more Klements Racing Sausages. Who knows what they will be called now. I remember the last game they played there. They beat the Falcons.

We tend to like the smaller ships too. Last February we sailed B2B, the Encore first and then the Pearl. We preferred the Pearl.

Good move on getting the Kringles. We are spoiled here in Wisconsin.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, okpaddy said:

I'm a long time Packer backer, and my son is a shareholder also.

2 more. This thread is being over run by cheese heads! (just ribbing ya, I admire and fully respect the Packers. Rich history and tradition. Amazing that there is a NFL team located in the "small" town of GB).

14 hours ago, okpaddy said:

Being a Lions fan, I qualify for the NFC North group. Count me in as ell.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, packercruising said:

This is a cruise forum, so where would we put it and would we have to allow Bears fans? 🙃

Not sure where it would be put but if we do the NFC North group, I'd say yes, Bears fans would be allowed. Vikings fans, as well.

2 hours ago, farmersfight said:

Not sure where it would be put but if we do the NFC North group, I'd say yes, Bears fans would be allowed. Vikings fans, as well.

2 hours ago, farmersfight said:

Gotcha. Mine was "tongue in cheek" as well.

Hmmm, the word is out......................more "tongue in cheek" practice is required... 🙃

Cheers 🍷

• Like 1

8 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Hmmm, the word is out......................more "tongue in cheek" practice is required... 🙃

Cheers 🍷

No practice for me required. I say/post "tongue in cheek" stuff all the time, lol. And, I see you working...your comment was "tongue in cheek", as well. Nice.

Cheers as well 🍻

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Nclcruise1415 said:

FarmersFight - Cheers from Spring Lake! I grew up in N. Muskegon near the Block House on Scenic Drive. 

Cheers as well, Nclcruise1415. My half brother currently lives in N. Muskegon. I have heard much about the Block House. We moved from Michigan down to Florida when I was a child, so I did my growing up in the Miami area (Hialeah).

I was born in Grosse Pointe, Michigan, so I still consider myself a "Michigander". Funny now that I am recently retired, I ended back up here in Michigan. Can't say I miss the heat & humidity of south Florida, especially in the summer!

Thanks for reaching out and maybe we'll run across each other in western Michigan some time.

• Like 1

I’m a packer shareholder as well. Attended my first game at Lambeau in 73. Loved it put my name on the waiting list got tickets to the 3 County stadium Milwaukee tickets package after 30 years. hey at least my name came up. Worst seats ever. Got Green Bay seats the other 7 games from relatives and so on so we’re able to go after that. 

Now have my own tickets live in Florida and don’t go.
Speaking  of Florida....just dodged a hurricane tonight.went off shore luckily. Boy nerve wracking.

ive asked a few times for why Norwegian is good, bad or whatever. Need help before we book. What’s their best ships?escape, sun, Jade? Help us out. What about a packer cruise with us Cheesheads!!

It kind of depends on whether you prefer larger/smaller, older,newer, and where you want to cruise to. NCL was the pioneer of free style cruising. If you want the maximum freedom to do what you want, you should like it. No formal nights. Dress up if you want, Don't if you don't want. Some people like their cruises more structured.We did a B2B last February, the brand new Encore followed by the Pearl. We liked the Pearl much better. If you like Broadway shows, you might prefer RCI, but they require reservations for a lot of their events. Most NCL ships have a bar that serves food and is open 24/7 and the buffet hours are pretty flexible. 

When did you want to book? This is the first year since we have been cruising (1998) that our TA in Green Bay hasn't set up a Packer Fan cruise. Maybe after the pandemic is over, she will. I can let you know, if that happens.

If they gave an award for the worst place to attend an NFL game, County Stadium would have won every year.

Thanks for the input. We’ve been on Celebrity about 10 times. Once on Princess, once on HAL, 2 times on Royal. Really loved them all. Some might be a bit better than others. But our last November cruise on Celebrity Silhouette was the best one ever. Just flawless. We are pretty easy to please. As far as Racine Kringle about 2 years ago we walked into a coop which pretty much sells everything fruit ,veggies, meats and came across a rack of Racine Kringles. Couldn’t believe my eyes. In Daytona Beach? I’m sure they were frozen then thawed to sell. But we bought one anyway.
Celebrity as is stated we really like but wanted to try NCL they are cheaper and Celebrity’s price just keep going up. How does alcohol beverage package work on NCL? I understand there is a 15 drink limit? Does this include coffees and sodas? What is you exceed 15 will they just let you pay for them?

Thanks again for all the advice.