Email from Seabourn President

Heather White

A friend has received an "Invitation from Seabourn President Josh Leibowitz" regarding a Global Summit on Covid-19 to be held on July 28th.

He regularly receives emails from Seabourn, but try as I might, using "My Preferences", twice contacting a Seabourn representative, checking my Inbox for Spam, these communications fail to arrive.

Have any European based subscribers received this latest email?

Nope from me and ditto as far as your experience of SB emails goes.

If your friend does attend the Covid summit, it would be great if you or they could eventually post here a short summary of what was discussed or decided.

If the results are to be communicated by SB emails it will likely be be hit or miss if one is to hear about them.

Thankfully the ships themselves are not run along the same lines as the shoreside operation!

Received today -  UK. This is a copy of the email.  Addressed to me by my first name  - maybe it is a targeted email?   Who knows!  Looks like anyone can register on the Covid Science Summit website. Link below in email.

QUOTE:

Dear XXXX

We invite you to join us for our upcoming Global Scientific Summit on COVID-19, in collaboration with the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC), from 10 AM EDT to 1:30PM on July 28, as a live webcast

The Summit is a great opportunity to become better informed on COVID-19’s impact on society, including travel and tourism. More importantly, the Summit will consider practices from world-leading scientists and health experts for mitigating the spread of the virus and living in a world with COVID-19.

The Summit, open to the public, will share the very best thinking from across all fields of knowledge in the public and private sectors. Speakers and panelists represent a diverse range of science, research, clinical, academic and business backgrounds, including amongst others, members of Scientists to Stop COVID-19, who have volunteered to participate.

Throughout our pause in our guest operations, we have been consulting with the best minds in medical science, public health and infectious disease control and we are grateful to bring together a select group of science and medical experts who bring such relevant insight into COVID-19 for the public to hear.

To register for the Summit, please go to: CovidScienceSummit.com

Participants will be invited to submit questions in advance and during the online event. We look forward to having you join us for the important forum.

Kind regards,

Josh Leibowitz
President

END QUOTE

Edited by Segmentersfloattheboat

Thanks for providing a copy of the email, Segmentersfloattheboat. I won't be registering at CovidScienceSummit.com for the 3.5 hour webcast, webcasts are not the way I want to educate myself about coronavirus.

I am pleased to see that Dr. Andrew Weil is not listed as a participant.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Heather White said:

Many thanks to all who have replied. So my theory that it was only sent to US residents is not valid.

I believe that SB's email and old fashioned post for EU customers got seriously messed up with the GDPR changes a couple of years ago. We suddenly stopped receiving brochures in the post, the Herald magazine, the Conde Nast magazine, any emails and even stopped receiving post-cruise questionnaires. I contacted them perhaps a year or 18 months ago and got everything sorted except we still don't receive the magazines despite me sending several emails to SB club asking for them. 

Edited by Isklaar