So Long, Sovereign

Also my first ship to cruise on!   The travel agent asked me what kind of cabin we wanted.  I didn't know there were different kinds and said well I hope it has a window.  I think we were down pretty low because I remember those waves being close to the port hole.  Tiniest bathroom ever.  

We had sail on Soverign several times - the last was the next to her last voyage. We had an invite to the Captain's quarters for a farewell party with many of the ships officers. A lot of hugging and tears as the officers were going to be transferred to different ships. The atmosphere was of a family losing a loved one but still some joy. I can remember Adriana Tibidou (sp) the Hotel Director being very emotional.

RIP Soverign of the Seas.

9 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

We had sail on Soverign several times - the last was the next to her last voyage. We had an invite to the Captain's quarters for a farewell party with many of the ships officers. A lot of hugging and tears as the officers were going to be transferred to different ships. The atmosphere was of a family losing a loved one but still some joy. I can remember Adriana Tibidou (sp) the Hotel Director being very emotional.

RIP Soverign of the Seas.

Was that October 6, 2008?

We were lowly Platinum then. No invites

35 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Was that October 6, 2008?

We were lowly Platinum then. No invites

We did a B2B......10/10 & 10/13 of 2008. I have no idea of why we were invited and don't remember our C&A level back then.........I would only guess..........maybe Diamond. 

• Like 1