Just Booked First Cruise - Oosterdam

benchmarklearning

I will be on the March 18th sailing, so I will be getting off as you are getting on :). I think you will like HAL very much. Lately, I keep reading so much GOOD about the Oosterdam. I think it's going to be a fantastic cruise. I cruised on the Zuiderdam in December, and loved it so much I came home and booked the Oosterdam.

Marie

:)

Just booked our first cruise - Mar. 25 Mexico on Oosterdam.

We are in a Deluxe Verandah Suite (7132).

Any tips for first timers - I think we are doing it right so far! Sure appreciate all the good tips I've found on this board.

Good choices so far, Oosterdam, deluxe suite, first cruise.

We were in 7132 on the Zuiderdam, that was our first experience with the aft corner suites. We were just in 5187 on the Oosterdam.

Enjoy,

Good for you! Keep reading this board. You can find out a lot about the Oosterdam in advance of your cruise. The vista class ships are HAL's newest, and are very nice. Just remember to go with an open mind, and take everything you read here with a grain of salt. So much about cruising is very subjective. Food, ambiance, entertainment, etc. What is one person's cup of tea is just the opposite to someone else. Use the information gathered here to simply be better informed. Save your solid judgments and opinions to form once you're onboard. Welcome, and have fun planning for your cruise.

Just returned form the Oosterdam on the 4th. Our second HAL cruise in 2 yrs.

The MX. cruise is great, having been there by land pkgs. for a number of yrs., this was a nice change for us.

Loved the big "O" but was not especially fond of their shows. Also was quite disappointed that there was not even one night that shrimp was offered on the menu while sailing down the Mexican coastline.

Would do it again in a flash.

Be sure to go to the HAL roll calls to see if anyone is signed up there for your sailing. And read a couple of recent reviews from Laffnvegas and Shonuf.

Enjoy, enjoy!

Congratulations! You will love the O-dam!!

We took our very first cruise on the O in January to the Mexican Riveria. Great trip and the ship and crew are wonderful.

My husband was leary about going, but within a couple hours was having the greatest vacation of his life. The only bad news is that he's a little spoiled by cruising HAL. I don't know that another line could meet his expectations now. We've talked with people that have cruised other lines and hear the stories of waiting in lines at buffets, mediocre food...none of that happened to us. Everyone we talked to on board had the same thing to say...cruised other lines but HAL was the best.

With all the money you spend on a cruise, I think it's better to spend just that little bit more to know that you are going to have a fantastic voyage on HAL vs. taking a chance and feeling like you wasted your vacation money. IMO

Congrats! The Oosterdam is easily my favorite ship - the crew is consistantly wonderful, and the ship immaculate. I think you'll enjoy it a lot - personally, I can't wait to sail aboard her again :)

As for good tips: do anything and everything you want to! Something I had avoided doing until now was the hydro pool/thermal suite, which can be quite pricey for the week, but is well worth it!

Archived