Does your travel agent...

Mine didn't - they just charged my credit card, like they said they would.

Mine never said that they would automatically charge my credit card or anything. I'm pretty sure I have the world's worst travel agent. She hasn't done anything since I paid my initial deposit. I"ve emailed her numerous times asking questions and never recieved a responce!

Mine never said that they would automatically charge my credit card or anything. I'm pretty sure I have the world's worst travel agent. She hasn't done anything since I paid my initial deposit. I"ve emailed her numerous times asking questions and never recieved a responce!

I got stuck with one last year that, I feel, was handed a cruise commision on a platter and she didn't do anything that I am aware of on her own.

I wonder if you could switch TAs in this situation?

I realized 30 days after payment was due that TA didn't pay. I called her and she said oh don't worry. Ok so she took care of it. Then I found out thru the boards about the discounts so I called her and she said "oh really". Thats it for me. I can get the deals out on the net and take care of business myself. And as far as air I can pick and choose my own flights for my convenience and get better prices on the most part.

I got stuck with one last year that, I feel, was handed a cruise commision on a platter and she didn't do anything that I am aware of on her own.

I wonder if you could switch TAs in this situation?

I'm in the process of trying to get the booking switched over to RCCL directly but (Big surprise) the travel agent won't call RC back to release the booking to them. :rolleyes:

Just a little bragging here:

I have the best ta. And of course I love her dearly. Not only is she my ta, neighbor, but best friend. And she worked very hard for us to get rates. She fixed the best travel info. booklet that has everything anyone would want to know about their cruise, ship, and port of calls. Its really nice.

Thank you Marie, in case your reading the boards here.

Ours were all like the TA's listed above. We started booking onboard, and transfering booking to TA's that did 0 work and had 0 interest in the booking. I guess they were still happy about the comission. One changed their rules AFTER (It was a new policy as of...) we transferred the booking and they would only honor 80% of the Platinum discount and coupon amount. :(

One did the math wrong, and they wanted an exorbitant amount above their quoted price after we paid for an upgrade. We had an administrative hearing at the agency about that one.:(

I gave up. In a way I am happy with the no discounting policy. I can deal with RCCL directly, and knock on wood, I haven't had any issues that would require travel agent support. :)

Call you and remind you that final payment is due?

Mine called about a week before final payment was due. She's been great. Answered any questions I had. Returned phone calls promptly. Kept an eye for rate reductions and much more. The funny thing is she and I have never met even thought her office is only 20 miles from my home. All business was conducted by phone and then my DH picked up the documents.

Mine is wonderful. She sends invoices, reminders, calls and emails. She sends me cards and gifts onboard and always remembers us with something special at Christmas. She gives travel info to all the kids in the nieghborhood for their school projects. She treats all my references to her as they had been with her forever.

On top of all that, she also donates 10% of her commissions to any school or church that you mention to her when you make a land or cruise booking.

Wouldn't dare go anywhere else, even if she were to make an error along the way.

Mine sent me a note about a month before final payment was due reminding me. Final payment was due between Christmas and New Years and I called her before then to make sure somebody would be there the day I wanted to come in to make payment (I had to wait until then as I wanted to get my Platinum discount which I wouldn't be eligible for until after Christmas). Even though she works in a large office and somebody else could take the payment, she made sure to come into the office that afternoon even though she was sick, just to make sure any questions or concerns I had were taken care of.

Archived