P.O. Cruise update

hollyjess

23 minutes ago, jake 26 said:

I see what you are saying but the way I read it is that Clause 38 is to clarify the scale of charges you are liable to pay if you notify them of cancellation after you have paid the balance. If you have not paid the balance but defaulted on the payment date P&O are entitled to retain the deposit as clearly stated in para 4.

When you saw the TA you were in default so you lost your deposit as you expected, but nothing more.

I feel the TA knew that, but if you went ahead with the failure to pay cancellation as per para 4 they would lose their commission. So they acted as if you were giving written confirmation of cancellation after the 90 day period, and P&O would respond, when asked, as per para 38 - 50%, which they did.

So you were coerced, in my view, to paying £100 to change to another booking so the TA could retain their commission.

if you had not spoken to the TA para 4 would have been automatically applied and you would have cancelled by default.

There is no getting away from the fact that para 4 clearly states the legal position if you default on the payment due date i.e. loss of deposit.

Well that certainly makes more sense to me and you could well be correct that in fact we were deliberately misled.  Well the TA won't be getting our custom any more anyway as sadly they have folded but had they not, in the circumstances, I wouldn't be going back! 

14 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

Well that certainly makes more sense to me and you could well be correct that in fact we were deliberately misled.  Well the TA won't be getting our custom any more anyway as sadly they have folded but had they not, in the circumstances, I wouldn't be going back! 

I must admit I am wary of TAs from past experience and always try to book direct. The sad thing is that we trust people and they fall short.

Still the good thing about a bad experience is that we learn from it!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jake 26 said:

I must admit I am wary of TAs from past experience and always try to book direct. The sad thing is that we trust people and they fall short.

Still the good thing about a bad experience is that we learn from it!

I totally agree with you. We have also  suffered the same painful learning  experience

Avril 

Does this page from the website help?

https://www.pocruises.com/travel-health-advisories/flexible-cancellation-policy

P&O Cruises Select Price and Early Saver:

Period before departure within which written notice of cancellation is received by P&O Cruises Cancellation charges (percentage of price)
From the date of booking until 91 days before departure Deposit
90 to 57 days 50%
56 to 42 days 60%
41 to 16 days 75%
15 to 6 days 90%
Less than 6 days before departure or failure to embark.

For fly-cruises, departure day is the date of the flight departure.
100%

Saver:

Period before departure within which written notice of cancellation is received by P&O Cruises Cancellation charges (percentage of price)
From the date of booking until departure, including failure to embark. 100%

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Does this page from the website help?

https://www.pocruises.com/travel-health-advisories/flexible-cancellation-policy

P&O Cruises Select Price and Early Saver:

From the date of booking until 91 days before departure Deposit
90 to 57 days 50%
56 to 42 days 60%
41 to 16 days 75%
15 to 6 days 90%
Less than 6 days before departure or failure to embark.

For fly-cruises, departure day is the date of the flight departure.
100%

Saver:

From the date of booking until departure, including failure to embark. 100%

That alone is enough to put me off a saver fare.

I’m not sure they’ve even been offering them these last months?

I considered not including that bit with my c&p, as I thought it wouldn’t apply, but finally left it, for completeness

The Early Saver is included in the ‘Deposit Only’ cancellation loss.