Purchasing the beverage package

kutty77

No this is not a should I purchase the package lol but my question is should I buy it now for my August 2021 cruise or should I wait? Do they ever do any sales for more then the 10% off the price of doing it on the ship? I have heard rumors that when cruising starts up again things like the beverage package will be more expensive to cover some of the losses for the cruise line. So what would you do???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One time I saw an offer to buy it for 20% off during a short window of time.  I don't drink much, so I didn't buy it and the cruise ended up being cancelled. There is a very slim possibility that there will be some type of offer to get a better deal than 10%, but I have only seen it once.  I really don't think they will increase the price of the beverage package without some type of notice.  Carnival needs people to buy those packages because it's a huge money maker for them. That's my guess.

I would actually wait to make any cruise purchases until it gets closer to the cruise.  For me, there are too many unknowns to throw out that money without a really good deal, although I think cruising will begin before August 2021.

• Like 2

We always get the drink package and I have always bought it online a few days prior to the cruise since they started selling it that way several years ago. Even if the price increases, which I have no idea if it will or not, in the past they have always given plenty of notice so you could still buy the package at the current price before the increase. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, kutty77 said:

No this is not a should I purchase the package lol but my question is should I buy it now for my August 2021 cruise or should I wait? Do they ever do any sales for more then the 10% off the price of doing it on the ship? I have heard rumors that when cruising starts up again things like the beverage package will be more expensive to cover some of the losses for the cruise line. So what would you do???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you purchase it now and Carnival happens to run a sale later on, you can always cancel the one you bought, and repurchase at the discounted rate.  That way you will not have to worry about the price increasing.

• Like 1

It's a big guess that it will be more expensive later. It could be. It could be cheaper. It depends on where the cruise business is at then.

Generally, you are fine to buy it now and return and rebuy it if something better comes along.