March cruise refund

1 hour ago, Grandma Petania said:

Our March 21 cruise was cancelled.   My TA was given the runaround in phone calls over  several months.  I tried to deal with RCCL myself, but they told me that my TA had to contact them.  I paid for the deposits on the two cabins, and my son-in-law paid for everything else.  Drink and dining packages were refunded in June.  Several other amounts were refunded that didn't match specific charges, so no way to trace them.

A few days ago I finally received the refund for the deposits, which I had paid when I made the reservations.  That day my son-in-law got a refund of two amounts that totaled a couple hundred dollars, but he is still owed almost $2,500.  Has anyone had any success with emailing with a rundown of the charges and the refunds so far, plus amount still due?

I’m sorry , that you are having such a hard getting your refund .   I’ve stated elsewhere on cc that I did e-mail them after my TA has been unsuccessful in getting a full refund .  Two different  people responded after three weeks with nothing new . Thank you for your patience .  One did include something about using the money on cruise planner . I didn’t read it as I’m not interested in giving them more money .  

I did message Michael Bayley on FaceBook today . He doesn’t personally write or read FB but still a nostalgic post by “ him “ on Monarch .  

If RCG doesn’t refund the TA’s commission then that would account for what they owe me .  As for doing a rundown of charges and refunds they have records and my TA was not appreciative when I mailed to her such a list . Not an accountant , she told me.

Edited by NHProud

We got back everything back for our May cruises. Applied the FCC to our Aug. Cruises. We got FCCs' but are still owed taxes, port fees & gratuities. My sister received her FCC & fees back for her Aug. cruise plus an extra $ 7000 & her son got an extra $ 600, oops. 

On 8/4/2020 at 10:23 AM, Bosch2424 said:

I am just wondering is there many other people waiting for cruise refunds?

I was due to go on a cruise at the beginning of April and it was cancelled by RC at the end of March. We requested a refund straight away and were told that was ok and it would be processed right away. We still do not have it and every time I call RC they tell me they don't know and there is nothing they can do for me. Just keep waiting, it should be in soon. 

We are looking to book a cruise for the end of next year and can't do so until we get the refund from RC, we have already missed out on a lot of good deals. It's getting very frustrating now especially as it is almost €8000 we are waiting for. I have heard of people getting refunds for cruises already that were meant to sail in June but got cancelled. Not sure why they got theirs before we did, surely it goes in a queue format?

I just want to know is there anyone else waiting for money from as far back as this or is it just me? 

Yes Mine was canceled on 3.15.20 and got part of it back.  In the middle of June I contacted my Credit Card company (that is how I got part of it back)  the credit card company gave RC till 9.2.20 to respond.

The part I got back was my deposit from 12.2018   so if you didn;t do so I would call the Credit Card co.  immed.

good luck