Refund Experience with Regent

My wife and I were booked for a Caribbean cruise aboard the SS Splendor from December 7 to December 14, 2020.  However, we decided to cancel the cruise before the final payment was due. We contacted Regent on July 29, 2020, and canceled our cruise.  We were told that we would received a cash refund back to our card credit for our original deposit. Well, much to our surprise, we were notified today by our credit card company that our refund money is back in our account.  Good job Regent!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Only takes a long time when Regent cancels the cruise because then the refunds are done by hand...

Not always. That wasn’t my experience but that was earlier in the year. I admit, my friend got his refund in 2 days and mine took 60+ days for some reason and we were both cancelling the same trip at the same time with no complications involved.

• Like 1

There was a complication with yours because standard refund time with an automated refund on a customer cancelled trip is only a few days. If yours took 2 months there was something amiss. That would be like walking into the loo for a late-night tinkle and returning 3 months later.

I don’t know what the complication was because it was a simple cancellation identical to my friend’s cancellation. Regent could never explain why mine took so long and it was frustrating but in the end I did get my refund. It’s now water under the bridge and it does look like they are doing much better on refunds.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2020 at 10:31 PM, Pcardad said:

Only takes a long time when Regent cancels the cruise because then the refunds are done by hand...

Yeah!

Rest of our partial refund posted on VISA this AM on 8/15 (but was received by Chase on 8/12 as Regent reported).

Cruise for July 2020 cancelled by Regent on 5/20/2020.

Opted for FFC on 5/25 ; was told by our TA the partial refund amount (for taxes, port fees, etc.) to be refunded within 90 days.

Received 2 credits to CCs on 7/21 (57 days from our decision on FFC vs. total refund).

Received 2 more credits to CCs on 8/12 (79 days days from our decision on FFC vs. total refund).

Total of the 4 credits matches the amount told us by our TA (amounted to about 4.8% of cruise invoice for 2 adults and a teenager).