World cruise 2022

Lily lady

There is a whole section "world cruising" to be found in the Speciality Cruising section. Might be worth a look there.

The main topic always seems to be about insurance, both for yourself, and your property while you are away.

28 minutes ago, Lily lady said:

Any one booked on this . Really excited but not sure it will go ahead. Any advice for such a long cruise. 

We've not on the world cruise, but have booked the 55 night Amazon and Caribbean cruise for January 2022.  To be honest, I'm already doubtful that it will go, and my appetite for this cruise has dimmed, as it seems to long and too far away from home in our new COVID 19 world.

However, I did 2 legs of the 2017 World cruise, and it was a marvellous experience.  The cruise ship becomes your home, so it is very relaxed and laid back.  People take their hobbies with them, so you'd see people drawing and painting, and in one case making jewellery. We tended to have a lot of our evening meals in the buffet,, as we preferred a lighter meal, instead of the full main dining room experience every night.

If not 2022, I hope you get to experience a world cruise, with all it's freedom

17 minutes ago, wowzz said:

There is a whole section "world cruising" to be found in the Speciality Cruising section. Might be worth a look there.

The main topic always seems to be about insurance, both for yourself, and your property while you are away.

Yes have looked cannot find what i was looking for..

23 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

We've not on the world cruise, but have booked the 55 night Amazon and Caribbean cruise for January 2022.  To be honest, I'm already doubtful that it will go, and my appetite for this cruise has dimmed, as it seems to long and too far away from home in our new COVID 19 world.

However, I did 2 legs of the 2017 World cruise, and it was a marvellous experience.  The cruise ship becomes your home, so it is ting, and in one case making jewellery. We tended to have a lot of our evening meals in the buffet,, as we preferred a lighter meal, instead of the full main dining room experience every night.

7 minutes ago, Lily lady said:

Did  u go on any ships or di y tours. Really want to know what's available. Would love to go see koalas or an opera in Sydney. 

We did a combination of ships tours and DIY.

We were there for two days.

On the first day, we did a morning tour, which drove us around Sydney and out to Bondi Beach, where we spent an hour.  Then we came back to Sydney and did the tour of the Opera House.  

After the tour was finished, we had lunch at the Harbour side, then spent the afternoon in the Botanical Gardens.  Then we went the meeting place for our evening tour to Tarronga Zoo - it was open just for us, so there were no crowds.  

It was a brilliant day and we saw everything we wanted.

The second day was cloudy, but we decided we'd walk to Darling Harbour. About half way there, the sky turned really dark so we decided to go back to the ship. It was just as well, as it rained all afternoon. But it stopped in time for sailaway, which was good.

It was one of my life's dreams to visit Sydney, and it didn't disappoint.

IMG_5486.JPG

IMG_5515.JPG

IMG_5536.JPG

IMG_5560.JPG

IMG_5612.JPG

8 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I also meant to say that some passengers did a ship's tour to the Opera House to see a performance.

If you want to go to Tarronga Zoo by yourself, you can get there by ferry 

9 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I also meant to say that some passengers did a ship's tour to the Opera House to see a performance.

If you want to go to Tarronga Zoo by yourself, you can get there by ferry 

I am booked on the middle sector of Arcadia's Worldie next year sailing from San Francisco to Hong Kong, so am just awaiting the cancellation announcement. Even if the 2022 one on Aurora goes ahead, unfortunately there is not an equivalent sector.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 3:34 PM, Dermotsgirl said:

However, I did 2 legs of the 2017 World cruise, and it was a marvellous experience.  The cruise ship becomes your home, so it is very relaxed and laid back.  People take their hobbies with them, so you'd see people drawing and painting, and in one case making jewellery. We tended to have a lot of our evening meals in the buffet,, as we preferred a lighter meal, instead of the full main dining room experience every night.

I'm on the 55 nighter too!

On 8/6/2020 at 2:56 PM, Lily lady said:

Any one booked on this . Really excited but not sure it will go ahead. Any advice for such a long cruise. 

I went on the 2013 World Cruise and the 2015 South America and Pacific cruise.  I'd suggest you decide what it is you want to do in the ports, lots of research  Then try different excursion companies as well as P&O.  Viator, crusingexcursions.com etc.  In Brazil I used toursbylocals.com (they're worldwide), not cheap but a brilliant day.  Some ports you just want to wander around.  In Papua New Guinea, we piled off the ship and negotiated with a local minibus guy.  Don't forget, if you have a lot of OBC, you can always use it to book onboard.  Fingers crossed it goes ahead, I made friends for life, have memories to treasure and a lust for cruising honed by the worldie!

• 3 weeks later...

If I were booked on a 2021 world cruise I would be worried.  I've booked the 2022 world cruise on the Aurora and am confident that it will go.  We'll have a vaccine by then. The final payment is not due until the end of September, 2021, so everybody should know by then what shape the cruise and the travel industry is by then. 

On 8/6/2020 at 2:56 PM, Lily lady said:

Hi. Booked for the Hong Kong to Dubai section of the cruise, so fingers crossed it will go ahead. Should be in Iceland  now, also on Aurora, which was booked on launch day. 

We booked the 2022 world cruise on Aurora sometime ago. We have manages a couple of world cruises so far, including the 2016 Aurora, and this years Arcadia, although this one (2020) was not really a world cruise (33 days at sea from Australia to Southampton).

As someone previously mentioned, the world cruise seems much more relaxed, more of a life style than a holiday. We have mixed both DIY and P&O tours. It really depends what you want to do, and how adventurous you are. There are a few places to see the Koalas in Australia, and the Opera House is walking distance from the ship.

Brian & Carol

On 8/6/2020 at 10:52 AM, Lily lady said:

Yes have looked cannot find what i was looking for..

When I was researching world cruises that I could afford, P&O was in the running because of their reasonable prices but I have never cruised with P&O and conventional wisdom is never book a world cruise on a line with which you have never sailed.  I ran across a book titled "Chasing the Dawn, Traveling the World with P&O" about the author's P&O world cruise.  It's available on Amazon.  I read the book and was sold.  I booked the 2022 world cruise the first day bookings were available to the general public.

I'd recommend it.  While it won't answer every question, it'll give you an idea of what you are in for. 

We were booked on oceana this year  but was cancelled,still decided to book world cruise as it is our 50 wedding anniversary in22 and aurora was rapidly runni g out of state rooms so we slso have taken a chance.  We are booked on aurora june 21 so we will see if we like it though ,before world cruise.( Supposing they happen. )We have been with celebrity a lot,one holland america we didnt like at all and one cunard which was ok. Will look up the book you have recommended.

1 hour ago, Lily lady said:

We were booked on oceana this year  but was cancelled,still decided to book world cruise as it is our 50 wedding anniversary in22 and aurora was rapidly runni g out of state rooms so we slso have taken a chance.  We are booked on aurora june 21 so we will see if we like it though ,before world cruise.( Supposing they happen. )We have been with celebrity a lot,one holland america we didnt like at all and one cunard which was ok. Will look up the book you have recommended.

We have cruised Cunard, HAL, Norwegian,  Princess, Royal Caribbean, and Viking Ocean.  They all have pluses and minuses and while we have some loyalty rewards with most of them, but are not loyal to one beyond reason.  The only one we did not like and will never return to that line was after a week we spent on a prison ship called the Norwegian Epic.  Could not wait for the cruise to be over.

I take extended motorcycle trips wherein I camp out about 1/3 to 1/2 of the time.  With that as a benchmark, just about any day at sea on any ship will fill the bill as long as I can find enough food to keep body and soul together and find a wee dram or three in the evenings.

A world cruise is a major bucket list item for me.