Any updates on Seabourn sailings?

fudge

We are booked on a cruise out of Barbados on the 19th December. Just wondering if Seabourn will be sailing by then? I need to book our flights, UK to Barbados, holding off at present.

There's no way to tell what will be happening in December but I sure wouldn't be booking airfare yet.  The way things are going with the "test" cruises in Europe so far (not good), and the fact that cruises out of the US are now shut down through October, doesn't give us a lot of confidence that things will open up by December.  Also, a flight that might show up to book now could be cancelled by then since the airline industry is struggling terribly at the moment too.

Think we're all just going to have to be patient awhile longer.  😞 

• Like 1

It baffles me that Seabourn (and others) are still selling cruises to Australia and New Zealand starting November despite the fact that both governments have clearly stated their international borders won’t reopen until well into 2021 earliest. Taking deposits for cruises that will never sail is a really poor business practice, even more so given that it takes Seabourn 4+ months currently to process a refund. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, saminina said:

Float......and I ain't referring to anything that will happen this year.

At best, I think you are correct.  At worst, a Ponzi scheme?  

Carnival Corporation would have to be a fool if that was part of their current business model.  And, I don't think the executives are fools.  Yet, that "P" word does creep into my thinking at times.  

Edited by rkacruiser

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2020 at 11:46 AM, florisdekort said:

It baffles me that Seabourn (and others) are still selling cruises to Australia and New Zealand starting November despite the fact that both governments have clearly stated their international borders won’t reopen until well into 2021 earliest. Taking deposits for cruises that will never sail is a really poor business practice, even more so given that it takes Seabourn 4+ months currently to process a refund. 

Well at least for Princess and P&O they were always trying to operate them in both countries as the case number was relatively low. Before the latest saga in our Prison Melbourne of course.

Most pax would be coming locally in any case. I'm not saying the same applies to HAL and Seabourn tho.

Michael