Plant Based Food

DaisyUK

Since our last Regent cruise, my husband and I have committed to a plant based diet (other than one 'cheat' night a week when we can, but don't always, eat whatever we like). We are foodies, so this is a huge change for us. Does anyone here have any experience of vegan/plant based options on Regent? 

I am very familiar with what Regent has to offer with their "Plant Based" and Vegan programs. You can contact me via email if you have specific questions. My email address is in my signature below.

J

On 8/14/2020 at 1:39 AM, flossie009 said:

Many thanks for this - don't know how I missed this discussion. 

Oh dear. An Impossible Burger. Not exactly whole food, plant based eating. Neither is it creative, gourmet cooking using fresh, wholesome ingredients to make a delicious meal.

At best, I guess it shows an awareness that some people prefer not to eat animal based products and so could be a step in the right direction.

3 hours ago, DaisyUK said:

Many thanks for this - don't know how I missed this discussion. 

Oh dear. An Impossible Burger. Not exactly whole food, plant based eating. Neither is it creative, gourmet cooking using fresh, wholesome ingredients to make a delicious meal.

At best, I guess it shows an awareness that some people prefer not to eat animal based products and so could be a step in the right direction.

The goal should provide those people with a creative, gourmet and delicious alternative. I think everyone is aware that some people chose not to eat animal based products...it isn't Regent's job to so inform anyone.

Hmm, not sure I understand your response. My point is that Regent has at least shown an awareness  that some of their customers require plant based options by offering non-animal based choices,  even if the plant based options they are offering are not the most exciting/healthy choices. I don't think I suggested that it is Regent's job to 'inform' anyone of anything. That would be ridiculous!