Cruise Cancelled 2021

Dp42wl

1 hour ago, roothy123 said:

And how does that booking engine on O's website work?  Does it show all cabins that are available to book in each category, or are some held back?

O shows 7 cabins if there are more than 7 available and you have to keep clicking View all to see different numbers.  You can also  enter a specific cabin number to see if it is available.  If there are less than 7 then you will know that is it.- except for what the company might hold back.

Right now that might be quite a few because of sailings- when they start- will probably not be at capacity.

MSC was to finish their first 7 day out of Genoa today.  Other than the idiots that wandered away from the shore excursion and were refused boarding when they returned, I haven't heard anything more.

3 hours ago, pinotlover said:

By next summer, if Covid-19 is still active, there will be numerous accurate 20 minute tests( and less) to determine if a passenger has the virus. If they do, they will be denied boarding. Additionally, by next summer, it is highly predicted that a vaccine will be available for those that can , or choose to, 

take it. For those that don’t, they will remain safely hunkered at home as neither airlines nor cruise ships will allow them to board.

I absolutely agree that the vaccine will be required to board a cruise ship and an airplane. Everyone will be carrying a yellow vaccination card.  I'll be ready for it.  We have a cruise booked on Regatta in March 2021 and I know there is a strong probability it will be cancelled because the vaccine will not be available then.  People who aren't willing or able to get the vaccine won't be allowed to travel.  

13 hours ago, sunlover12 said:

I absolutely agree that the vaccine will be required to board a cruise ship and an airplane. Everyone will be carrying a yellow vaccination card.  I'll be ready for it.  We have a cruise booked on Regatta in March 2021 and I know there is a strong probability it will be cancelled because the vaccine will not be available then.  People who aren't willing or able to get the vaccine won't be allowed to travel.  

While probably right it should be stated that this is only your opinion and not a rule that has been put in to effect yet. 

47 minutes ago, ORV said:

While probably right it should be stated that this is only your opinion and not a rule that has been put in to effect yet. 

Yes of course it's my opinion.  None of us know anything yet so everything is speculation.    JMO

Didn't mean to mislead anyone.  

My cousin is a senior regional administrator with TSA. He says they are already working on the computer enhancement systems for future travel. In the future, for Americans to get,  and or keep, Global Entry, Nexus, Pre-Check, etc. they will have to come in and have their shot records entered into the program’s system. Since Nexus is joint Canadian, the system will be likewise for them. If you’re not in One of the Pre check programs and want to fly, better get to the airport 3+ hours in advance. The lines will get very long, very quickly if you’re flying from a major hub. 

A large looming question for all passengers will be who pays the government to test all those passengers not approved pre check? Will it be jointly shared as an add-in tax on all tickets, or paid exclusively by those requiring the extra tests and screening? That is a political question not yet answered.