Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

22 hours ago, Karaboudjan said:

14302 will be fairly close to one of the slides.  Don't know if there will be much noise coming from there?...

Are the slides on both sides or only the starboard side?

6 minutes ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

Both.

Thank you. I thought they were but "cruise deck plans" only has the staterooms on the starboard side marked as having the slides going thru them.

1 hour ago, peg013 said:

Thank you. I thought they were but "cruise deck plans" only has the staterooms on the starboard side marked as having the slides going thru them.

Norwegian has never shown that balcony section as part of the floorplan for those cabins.

image.png.149a95c2a2ebad2b16e204b928b64bfe.png

48 minutes ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

Norwegian has never shown that balcony section as part of the floorplan for those cabins.

image.png.149a95c2a2ebad2b16e204b928b64bfe.png

I never said NCL did, I said "Cruise Deck Plans" only shows it on one side. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Rush Slide Prima IMG_6582.jpg

27 minutes ago, peg013 said:

I never said NCL did, I said "Cruise Deck Plans" only shows it on one side. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Rush Slide Prima IMG_6582.jpg

I didn't say you did. I just said that Norwegian has never included it. I always trust NCL themselves over CDP. 🙃

3 hours ago, rscales2 said:

The August 17 cruise is just for invited Guests. 

There is no August 17th cruise anymore. This was for paying guests but has been cancelled. August 26th is the first cruise now but for invited guests only. September 3rd is the first for paying guests out of Amsterdam.

And I don´t see a question in your post.

steamboats

On 6/8/2022 at 4:35 PM, cabincop said:

Just noticed the Haven deck 15 is under the haven restaurant. That can’t be good. Moved my cabin to deck -14

It depends on your cabin. Ours is a 2-bedroom and it is not under the restaurant. Love the location--so easy to get to the restaurant and lounge and the sun deck. 

3 hours ago, rscales2 said:

Thank You. I was confused some of the Travel agents on YouTube was saying they are going on the inaugural August cruise. I’m suspicious only one week to fixed the supply change problems.

It is more than 1 week.  Initially, the ship had to reach Amsterdam for the August 17 cruise.  The journey from Venice to Amsterdam is not a short one.  By cancelling the August 17 cruise, the ship now has to reach Reykjavik for the Christening ceremony late August.  The inaugural cruise is a short one (5 or 6 days) on invite only,  between Reykjavik and Amsterdam. If they have to, they may go non-stop without any pier visits.  I would not be surprised that there will be workers from the ship yard completing work on the ship during the voyage from Venice to Reykjavik and probably also on the inaugural cruise to Amsterdam.  So the cancellation of the August 17 cruise gives both NCL and the shipyard from August 17 to September 3 to perform additional work on the ship and to receive what ever supply that is on the back-order list.

I have never been on an inaugural cruise.  But several people mentioned that usually, the first 2 or 3 cruises of a new ship don't sail at full capacity because some venues may not be ready, and shipyard crew is still on board to fix start-up issues.  I am booked on cruises #2 and #3 and I am expecting that it will not be perfect.  The Prima and, to a lesser extent, the Viva have faced unprecedented challenges. A worldwide pandemia, a war and a shortage of manpower are not easy to handle.

I hope that NCL won't cancel my  2 cruises.  If there is a restaurant that is not available or other venues not ready, that is the least of my concern.  As long as my cabin is clean and ready and there is enough bars and restaurants to satisfy variety and demand, it will be fine. Considering the today's asking price for those cruises,  I understand that people booking them now will have higher expectations.  I was fortunate to book them over a year ago when they came on sale and, like many others, I paid about half of today's price.  So all what I want is to be able to board the ship and to sail away to amazing ports.  Let's hope for the best. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, BenCoudon said:

I hope that NCL won't cancel my  2 cruises.  If there is a restaurant that is not available or other venues not ready, that is the least of my concern.  As long as my cabin is clean and ready and there is enough bars and restaurants to satisfy variety and demand, it will be fine. Considering the today's asking price for those cruises,  I understand that people booking them now will have higher expectations.  I was fortunate to book them over a year ago when they came on sale and, like many others, I paid about half of today's price.  So all what I want is to be able to board the ship and to sail away to amazing ports.  Let's hope for the best. 

Agreed! I'm not expecting a flawless experience on the first transatlantic, especially now that there's one less shakedown cruise before the TA. Maybe I'd think differently if I had booked the cabin at the current "you're kidding, right?" price. It's a new ship, new ship class, with new venues. As long as most things are functioning, including a blender for a sail away BBC, it's all good.

Have any of the cruise vloggers announced that they're on the invitation-only inaugural or other early sailings? I'm pretty sure one of the travel agents I follow will be on the inaugural since he was invited to the ship visit event, but am wondering if any "civilians" will be invited as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coastcat said:

Have any of the cruise vloggers announced that they're on the invitation-only inaugural or other early sailings? I'm pretty sure one of the travel agents I follow will be on the inaugural since he was invited to the ship visit event, but am wondering if any "civilians" will be invited as well. 

Hard to tell.  Initially, they were supposed to have a 2 or 3 day cruise out of Southampton to Amsterdam around August 10 for mainly the UK travel agents and another short cruise for travel partners out of Amsterdam around August 15 .  But that has been cancelled when they cancelled the August 17 sailing.  I presume that some of those people will be in the invite list for the inaugural out of Reykjavik.  I remember when Harry Summer announced that short cruise he said that the number of guess was cape off at 2500.  They must have reduced the list of initial participants.  I doubt that they will exceeds that number on the inaugural.  I heard in a video that Danny from Harr Travel was invited.  So I don't think that there will be any "civilians" on that cruise.  I think it will be only Travel partners + NCL senior managers.   

• Thanks 1

BenCoudon:

We booked our cruise over a year ago. Then they were still doing the 30% off, but I did get double latitude points.

I just did the calculations for the Club Balcony, and the increase was a little under 12% more for a club balcony. I have noted that the price of the Haven has been rising the last few weeks.

(I was hoping that maybe we'd get an upgrade bid as I'd wanted a club spa balcony, a category which does not seem to exist on the Prima. Then again, our cruise is very port intensive, so maybe we won't miss not having access to the spa without paying extra for it.)

We'll be somewhere near the end of the inaugural season - June 5, 2023.

Our very first cruise was the first cruise with passengers for the Sky. The first day or so there were issues with the toilets - there was a delay between pressing the handle and the toilet actually flushing.  

I figure by the time we get onboard, problems like that will have been worked out. 

2 hours ago, GALSews said:

BenCoudon:

We booked our cruise over a year ago. Then they were still doing the 30% off, but I did get double latitude points.

I just did the calculations for the Club Balcony, and the increase was a little under 12% more for a club balcony. I have noted that the price of the Haven has been rising the last few weeks.

(I was hoping that maybe we'd get an upgrade bid as I'd wanted a club spa balcony, a category which does not seem to exist on the Prima. Then again, our cruise is very port intensive, so maybe we won't miss not having access to the spa without paying extra for it.)

We'll be somewhere near the end of the inaugural season - June 5, 2023.

Our very first cruise was the first cruise with passengers for the Sky. The first day or so there were issues with the toilets - there was a delay between pressing the handle and the toilet actually flushing.  

I figure by the time we get onboard, problems like that will have been worked out. 

I haven't look at the price of cruises on the Prima that are after the trans atlantic.  We I can tell you is for the September 13 and 23,  the price of those cruise on the website were more than double the price I paid when I booked.   (may 2021) Someone mentioned that within the last few weeks, they have reduced a bit some of the categories.   

19 hours ago, rscales2 said:

Thank You. I was confused some of the Travel agents on YouTube was saying they are going on the inaugural August cruise. I’m suspicious only one week to fixed the supply change problems.

That was the plan... one cruise out of Southampton, one out of Amsterdam prior to the August 17th cruise. But all those cruises have been cancelled.

So now the pre-inaugural invitation only is the christening cruise August 26th out of Reykjavik to Amsterdam.

steamboats

9 hours ago, BenCoudon said:

I haven't look at the price of cruises on the Prima that are after the trans atlantic.  We I can tell you is for the September 13 and 23,  the price of those cruise on the website were more than double the price I paid when I booked.   (may 2021) Someone mentioned that within the last few weeks, they have reduced a bit some of the categories.   

The price of a club balcony for a cruise in December 2022 is at least 50% higher than when booking was opened in May.

I've had my eyes on the 9/2023 Iceland sailing for a while. We booked our Haven room within 2 days of bookings opening up, and prices are now minimum 4K higher. Booked my sister & her family in an oceanview, and those prices are now 2K higher. Still watching prices as I have a ton of other friends that want to tag along, but not at these prices.

Hoping that after the 2022 cruises sail and the hype dies down a bit or transfers over the the Viva sailings, my 2023 cruise will start to drop a smidge.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Karaboudjan said:

The price of a club balcony for a cruise in December 2022 is at least 50% higher than when booking was opened in May.

Studios on the transatlantic have dropped by $1000 from the listed fare right before the final payment date, so now the fare is merely 60% higher than when bookings opened. Yay?

It looks like there is a ton of availability on the September 23 TA for all non-Haven categories. Considering the uncertainty about readiness, it makes sense to keep the fares discouragingly high so that capacity is limited. It might also ensure that the majority of cruisers are the early-booking OMG NEW SHIP CLASS GET ME ONBOARD types who would be more forgiving & flexible about a work still in progress.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1