Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

1 hour ago, Steff79 said:

Norway food is poor. Did you ever eat in norway?

I spend over 2 months in Norway, on 4 different land tours.

Went form Khristiansand all the way to  Hammerfest and Nordkape.  Very nice restaurant in Oslo, Lillehamer and Bergen.

I found the food usually excellent.  In the northern part of the country they don't have fancy restaurants, as there is not that many people up there.  I found the Norway food much better than the Swedish food/

I've found a hi(gher) res version of the common Prima before float out photo, maybe useful for door/balcony, etc for the forward facing staterooms. Click the link for the full size pic. :classic_smile:

Vinardi_DJI_0693.jpg

https://cdn.offshorewind.biz/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2021/08/13141516/Vinardi_DJI_0693.jpg

Edited by FreestyleNovice
  • Like 4

On 8/20/2021 at 9:29 PM, podgeandrodge said:

I just watched a video about the ship and this was my question.  Are NO balconies looking down to sea?  That would rule it out for me, and I love trying new ships.  I guess this will be a love it or hate it ship in that regard.

You can't have it both, Prima's boardwalk will be visible but having a balcony higher might reduce it a bit. But I get what you say! And it did not crossed my mind yet, having thought about it now and I share your opinion about hate it or love it concerning the direct ocean view when facing downwards.. but.. :classic_biggrin:

Talking modern NCL ships: On Breakaway class ships there's 2/3 also "blocked" by the Waterfront (and even life boats). In fact the only balconies with a view of the sea straight down are the few forward mini suites with those large (open) balconies on, what was it, deck 8?

Epic has a good amount of balconies with a direct sea view downwards, but her design is more like a container ship and a Blvd or Waterfront would be impossible to incorporate in such a design.

My guess is that the big benefit of the Ocean Boulevard surpasses the few pax that feel about the direct ocean view downwards. Prima appears not to have any steel hull balconies, with the said larger stateroom design I think NCL did a good job and that the pax stateroom experience on Prima will be the highest in the fleet. :classic_smile:

Edited by FreestyleNovice
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, FreestyleNovice said:

You can't have it both, Prima's boardwalk will be visible but having a balcony higher might reduce it a bit. But I get what you say! And it did not crossed my mind yet, having thought about it now and I share your opinion about hate it or love it concerning the direct ocean view when facing downwards.. but.. :classic_biggrin:

Talking modern NCL ships: On Breakaway class ships there's 2/3 also "blocked" by the Waterfront (and even life boats). In fact the only balconies with a view of the sea straight down are the few forward mini suites with those large (open) balconies on, what was it, deck 8?

Epic has a good amount of balconies with a direct sea view downwards, but her design is more like a container ship and a Blvd or Waterfront would be impossible to incorporate in such a design.

My guess is that the big benefit of the Ocean Boulevard surpasses the few pax that feel about the direct ocean view downwards. Prima appears not to have any steel hull balconies, with the said larger stateroom design I think NCL did a good job and that the pax stateroom experience on Prima will be the highest in the fleet. :classic_smile:

I thought that you might find these interesting - pictures I took from Prima's cousin, once removed - Seaside!  This is from a Yacht Club Suite located fairly far forward.

While you couldn't look directly down, it really wasn't an issue. If you were seated, you'd never know .....

ps.... I LOVED the outdoor lounge located directly over the bridge!

IMG-0395.JPG

IMG-0396.JPG

IMG-0397.JPG

IMG-0398.JPG

Edited by Dr. Cocktail
  • Like 6

39 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

I thought that you might find these interesting - pictures I took from Prima's cousin, once removed - Seaside!  This is from a Yacht Club Suite located fairly far forward.

One of the things that I noticed while taking a similar photo was how many empty loungers there were along the side of the ship. People will climb over each other to have a lounger near the pool (no view of the ocean) while the loungers with a view go unused. 

I figure that the side infinity pools on Prima and Seashore will change that. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

While you couldn't look directly down, it really wasn't an issue. If you were seated, you'd never know .....

ps.... I LOVED the outdoor lounge located directly over the bridge!

Thanks! 

Yes, exactly. To have the wide Boulevard I would surely sacrifice the downward view, 

Prima seems to get some sort of awning similar to the Breakaway (Plus) class, with some design touches like wooden beams. Noise issues for the first deck above the Boulevard are likely to come but a NCL cruise is not a deserted boutique liner.. :classic_biggrin:

19 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

I've found a hi(gher) res version of the common Prima before float out photo, maybe useful for door/balcony, etc for the forward facing staterooms. Click the link for the full size pic. :classic_smile:

Vinardi_DJI_0693.jpg

https://cdn.offshorewind.biz/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2021/08/13141516/Vinardi_DJI_0693.jpg

Thanks for that. Those corner balconies are looking good. 🙂

• Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 10:11 AM, Two Wheels Only said:

One of the things that I noticed while taking a similar photo was how many empty loungers there were along the side of the ship. People will climb over each other to have a lounger near the pool (no view of the ocean) while the loungers with a view go unused. 

I figure that the side infinity pools on Prima and Seashore will change that. 

well perhaps they want to be near kids or hear the music or just the thrill of it.  For some it is about the chasing of the GOOD spot by the pool.   For me I move every 1/2 hr or so as I get bored.  Would never plant myself anywhere for the whole day

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

well perhaps they want to be near kids or hear the music or just the thrill of it.  For some it is about the chasing of the GOOD spot by the pool.   For me I move every 1/2 hr or so as I get bored.  Would never plant myself anywhere for the whole day

I agree. Unless I'm in the shade, I'm not a fan of laying by the pool, I just like to people watch. 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 3:28 PM, clyde3 said:

Not to change the subject but it appears the Leo 2 is on it's way to Venice. The Tug Carlo Martello is heading south in the Black Sea at 3.3 knots. Estimating Porto Marghera on Aug 23, 2021

In the Adriatic now.  Looks like it should be arriving in 2-3 more days at the present speed.

• Like 2

I’m not a huge fan of the shape of the front of the ship, having the bottom part (that meets the water) longer than the traditional front bow. Having said that, I love the illusion the paint scheme creates that makes it look like the ship does have the traditional bow. Really well done by the artist(s).

3 hours ago, psac said:

I’m not a huge fan of the shape of the front of the ship, having the bottom part (that meets the water) longer than the traditional front bow. Having said that, I love the illusion the paint scheme creates that makes it look like the ship does have the traditional bow. Really well done by the artist(s).

That is well done.  I read somewhere that that shape is also supposed to reduce pitching.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

One of the benefits is reduced fuel consumption. When NCL can save money, they will. 

2 hours ago, Karaboudjan said:

That is well done.  I read somewhere that that shape is also supposed to reduce pitching.

Interesting benefits!  I figured it was done for a reason, good to know!

ETA of Leo 2 at Fincantieri is tomorrow, some ship trackers show 10:00 and 12:00 (noon). So under 24-21ish hours from this post.

Found a short clip of the block passing the Istanbul Strait last week, smaller than Leo 1. The pics show as much/less as the clip: https://www.hurriyet.com.tr/gundem/istanbul-bogazinda-dikkat-ceken-goruntu-41874161

611a15384e3fe10fe85d7ceb.jpg

611a14f14e3fe10fe85d7ce1.jpg