Cruise Might Change To Land

klfrodo

5 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

You do not have “left on red”? - it would save a lot of time, and a fair amount of fuel.

No, not at all. But we have many more roundabouts than in the US, so not too much of an issue.

19 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Yeah, yeah. I hear this one thing brought up every time someone in the UK talks about Steves. An embarassing gaffe, to be sure -- but as an editor, if I took umbrage every time I read something wrong, incorrect, outdated or unchecked in anyone's guidebook, I could safely claim they are all idiots.

Instead I just assume they are all human.

By the way, Steves doesn't write all the material in his guides himself. He collaborates with many of the best guides in a lot of the cities he visits in an effort to at least try to get it right. 

Hey, his advice helped my friends and I find an easy and cheap place to park in Lucca!!!   My friends were Steveaholics and swore by his books.  I do like his walking tours - how he does break things up by number of days you have.  Now that my finances are diminished and I don't have the hotel employee perks I used to have, I may start looking at his hotel recommendations if I go back to Europe.