Packing

emam

42 minutes ago, Cruising Nomads said:

Emma. Hope the tea lights that you pack are battery operated. Lighting candles on ships are a big NO NO.

Yes they are battery ones. We put a couple in the bathroom on a night and one on the dresser (inside cabin).

35 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Believe it or not there are a number of packing apps available for both iOS and Android devices. 

All the packing videos I have seen have been from Americans who only take a few casual clothes.

Never seen an app.

Edited by emam

Lady W and I have a simple plan. A week before we go, we each put an open suitcase on the floor, and everytime we think of something, we chuck it in our respective suitcase. 

Simples,  apart from the year when I forgot my Raquel Welch poster.

• Haha 1

After several "cheap" zipped soft and hard sided cases getting damaged we came to the conclusion that the only decent suitcase was an old hard sided zipless Samsonite my had given me (too "heavy").

Invested in a couple of Samsonite spinners made of the same stuff.  Fantastic.  And we go them at "deal" prices.

Last year we in a local charity shop.  Two matching Samsonsite hard sided zipless cases.  Not spinners, but a more modern version than my mum's old case, which I still used.  They even had the extra bits inside.  £2 each!  Snapped them up straight away.

A quick wash inside and out.  We've used them for 3 cruises and are now our go to luggage.  Shame about the money spent on the spinners though.