Regent Explorer Restaurant Hours

RMMcC

Good Evening.  Totally new to posting on boards so my apologies if I have asked this in the wrong location.  My wife and I have recently retired ... enjoyed a great Panama Canal cruise  in 2019 and then had to cancel 3 cruises in 2020 for the obvious reasons .... We are now planning to start cruising again (I have faith Covid will co operate)  on the Regent Explorer May 8 Alaska tour.  We have a question that I hope someone can help us out with ...... We can find very, very little information on the operating hours of the various restaurants on board the Explorer.   We take dinner early .... normally 5 or 6PM .... can someone fill us in on the early meal options ..... possibly a photo of a daily schedule that details normal operating hours of the restaurants   Thank you so much.  Again my apologies if I am in the wrong place for this question.

Dining hours from one day on an Explorer cruise in 2018 shown below - fairly typical in our experience of Regent cruises:

1159075555_Explorer_Nov2018_Dining.thumb.jpg.ebb7c51182cfbeab74293732c2aea526.jpg

As GrJ says the main dining room, Compass Rose, opens at 6:30pm and first reservations in the speciality restaurants are also at 6:30pm.

Casual dining at the Pool Grill is available from 6pm and room service is available 24/7

Sample menus for all venues are shown on the Regent website 

• Like 2

Thank you both for your response (GrJ ... my wife chuckled about Spain, she lived in France for a year and had to reset her dining clock over there) .....

I always enjoyed the cruise critic forums generally in the past and this shows how much great information you can get from fellow travelers  Thanks again

• Like 1

We are also early dinners at home.  After only a day on board we are into the cruise schedule and are not bothered by eating at 6:30.  Usually in the Observation Lounge (and maybe others) about 5:30, crew will come through with trays of appetizers. What will bother you is after you get home you will have a hard time finding someone to wait on you for meals at any time.

• Like 3

It's nice to speculate about Explorer restaurant hours, and to post what the meal schedule used to be.  The real answer to your question is that no Regent passengers know what Regent dining hours will look like after cruising resumes; and it's possible that management doesn't yet know either.   Will they close off portions of the dining rooms, on a rolling basis, in order to disinfect the tables>  Will they abandon the free choice of dining times and dining companions, so that people eat at fixed times (or only by reservation)?  Will they extend dining times, so that fewer people are in the dining rooms at any given time?  Any or all of these things is as possible as having dining times look like pre-Covid dining times.

One thing is certain:  you won't go hungry on Regent,  At least one dining choice (including room service) should be available at all times.

• Like 3

We're early diners at home but find we have enough to do on board that we generally don't dine until 7:00 or 7:30.  There is always a line up for Compass Rose to open, then there are the late diners, so we find waiting just a bit after opening works well.  We are booked on your cruise and hope to join you.