Aft Extended Balcony Question

MistyRo76

We are getting ready to book our now-canceled October 2020 cruise for October 2021. We had a suite booked for our girls cruise since we had three in the cabin. Suites are substantially higher now (I previously had a sweet offer after my last cruise which got us a great deal on a Suite). Since we don't want to spend the extra money to book another Suite, we were looking at the Aft Extended View since they have larger balconies. Never stayed in this type of cabin before. Just wondering if there are any advantages or disadvantages to booking an aft cabin in the middle of the row of cabins or more toward the corner of the ship (near the Aft Wrap cabins). Both are available on the cruise we are looking at. 

Thanks! 

We had an Aft Extended Balcony on the Legend in February and enjoyed it a great deal.  The extra room on the balocny was great.  Be advised that it is quite open so there will be a lot of sun.  Wasn't an issue for us but might be for some.

The configuration is different on different classes of ships.  Not all have a sofa, though I would guess all that will accommodate 3 people do have one.

Look at the deck plans.  Sometimes the ones closer to the corner are slightly wider and often the ones in the center may be slightly longer.

Biggest cons, no breeze and long walk to anywhere.  Biggest pros, 180 degree view is unparalleled, balcony is significantly longer and easily accommodates 3 people, and they are exceptionally quiet.  There is very little foot traffic in the corridors.

17 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

The configuration is different on different classes of ships.  Not all have a sofa, though I would guess all that will accommodate 3 people do have one.

Look at the deck plans.  Sometimes the ones closer to the corner are slightly wider and often the ones in the center may be slightly longer.

Biggest cons, no breeze and long walk to anywhere.  Biggest pros, 180 degree view is unparalleled, balcony is significantly longer and easily accommodates 3 people, and they are exceptionally quiet.  There is very little foot traffic in the corridors.

Thank you! I've been watching some videos on cruise deck plans website of the different aft cabins. I'm not concerned about the distance to everywhere. We usually stay all the forward, so the walking is okay for us. And I'm guessing assigned dining will be in the aft dining room, so that will be convenient. After all the food and booze, the walking will do us good! 

One more question, from what I've seen, it does look like most of the aft balconies only come with one regular chair and one lounge chair. Does anyone know if the room steward will bring us another regular chair so we all three have somewhere to sit? We intend on using the balcony alot! 

The aft balconies on the Magic and the Breeze had a small table, 1 regular chair, 1 reclining chair, and a lounger.  This was the case both in a 2 person and a 3 person cabin.

I wouldn't try to talk anyone into booking one but if you are leaning that way I'll stress how incredibly mesmerizing the wake is, and that the wide angle view at sunrise, open ocean, and sunset (on a north/south journey), is truly magnificent.

In October the lack of breeze shouldn't be as much of an issue as it would be in high summer.

Full disclosure -- I have enjoyed every cabin type I have tried.  I just love being at sea.

I've had an AFT on the Dream, Splendor and Breeze.  LOVE THEM!  The thing I like best is that it is not windy back there when the ship is sailing.  Sometimes at night the side balconies can be so windy but not on the AFT.  I always get right below the Lido deck as there is a lip hanging over and it is not all sunny.  The other decks get alot more sun and you can see down into them.  The deck below the Lido is a bit more private.  You do get a bit of deck chair noise but that doesn't bother me.