Do We Have Any Cruisers With Pigment Impaired Hair?

tuggers

I have a few strands (more since my debacle with the onboard bookings!:D ) and was wondering if others have found any of these strays that seem to be a strange, almost colorless hair? They appear in the midst of the long, flowing red hair that is my trademark.

Should I be concerned? I've been told that their appearance could be a foretaste of something called 'SD' that could eventually appear on my cruise documents and will be a good thing?

Any help in figuring out this strange phenomenon will be appreciated.

('SD' = Senior Discount):)

You don't mean what I call "spontaneous silver highlights", do you?

They come from working every day knowing you've got years and years and years before you can retire (at least, that's where mine are coming from). Work is seriously cutting into my cruising time - it should be the other way around - 5 weeks of work a year, and vacation the rest of the time. I bet my pigment impairment would grind to a halt. ;)

Brenda

Not too sure your theory holds water, Brenda. I gave up the working a few years ago and mine still seem to find my long flowing locks!:D When I gave up the work (horrible four letter word) my pigment impaired hairs still seemed to come on a semi regular basis!:rolleyes:

One problem you should prepare for is identification. I asked my gr.grandson if the lady he saw had white hair,"Grandma, you all have white hair". At least if someone gets pissed at me (which sometimes happens) I will remain anonymous.

I used to have pigment impaired hairs, not white but totally clear. and a totally different texture from my regular hair. sort of like monofilament fishing line.

I don't notice them anymore, as I think the grey covers them. or scares them away.

I keep threatening to dye my hair BLUE for formal night sometime,,, after all I'll never see these people again.

Garrick

I wish "pigment impaired hair" meant a discount. I'm only 25 and already have lots of hairs that have went the "other" way! LOL I go every few weeks to have mine changed back to the dark side (just so they don't feel out of place of course:p ) My hair is naturally very dark chocolate brown so when I get a lighter one someone might as well be holding up a sign that says "look at that hair!" LOL

Gail, Rod got his "change" very early. He wanted a Mercedes SL roadster and I told him he had to be older to drive one of them. I always thought of a distinguished man with white at the temples. Well lo and behold he went white at the temples right away but now he can't stop it. It has spread all over his head. Pat

I have a few strands (more since my debacle with the onboard bookings!:D ) and was wondering if others have found any of these strays...They appear in the midst of the long, flowing red hair that is my trademark...Any help in figuring out this strange phenomenon will be appreciated....:)
I don't know if this is help or hurt, but FWIW, I let my usually short, dark hair grow longer recently and a few stray "blonde" hairs appeared. When I cut my hair short, they "blonde" strands seemed to almost disappear. On the other hand, my dear SIL, born in 1952 like myself, always had long, long hair. That hair was black until she was 29 - then it seemed to whiten overnight. She always looked beautiful. My mother tried an early version of that fancy medication Teedee mentions. That was back in the 60's (not hers, the 20th century's). She stopped self-medicating in the 1980's and discovered her hair was getting darker, from the nape of her neck up. She had to prove her entitlement to SD with a government issued card.:D

Terry

I have had some pigment impaired hair (or whatever you want to call it) since I was 18. Therefore you can imagine that I now have lots of it. I have my hair colored at the beauty parlor every 6 weeks and because I have some impaired hair I do not need to get highlights, the semi permanent rinse picks up less color on the impaired hair. With the result my hair shines like the very dickens! Everyone asks me how I get my hair so shiny. I sure as heck don't admit to having lots of pigment impaired hair. I just smile sweetly and say it is natural.

I thought they were fibre optic filaments and when the light goes on in my brain they will glow to show that I have had a good idea.

Just don't have too many bright ideas;)

Gail, thank you for bringing to my attention that I am not grey, just pigment impaired:) (went pigment impaired from the age of 20 BTW).

Phil

optic_lamp_400.jpg.a9f6a82163513b73448f7b69a583d919.jpg

I have naturally frosted hair and in true child of the sixties manner I have discovered Manic Panic. Fior some special occasions I have used plum, lilac or navy. With my natural frosting this gives a great pastel/rich purple highlights effect. I'm not kidding!!! Unfortunately it only lasts for two washings.

I have a few, but my biggest problem is my hair imparied scalp!

Hi Larry,

That made me laugh. I was in a store once and the lady in front of me at the counter was complaining that she was having a bad hair day. I told her that at least she was "having a hair day". That made her laugh and she finally left so I could make my purchase :rolleyes:

Tom

Setting: November 2003. Hockey arena in a Central Ontario city. The arena’s major renovations not completed when expected. Temporary lights dangled in some areas of arena.

However...

The show must go on: Musician Charlie Pride performs, as scheduled, at above venue.

Our seats were at the back of the arena floor. We had a good view of the stage and a better view of people seated in the ten rows of the stands.

The house lights dimmed. Almost everybody looked eagerly towards the stage. The concert began. DH chuckles and nudges me, pointing to the front stands on the right. Obviously he wasn’t looking at the stage. :rolleyes:

Although annoyed with the interruption, I had just enough curiosity to follow DH's direction and see what had delighted him:

The dangling temporary lights behind the front right stands had provided perfect backdrop lighting for every person sitting in front of those lights -- every
white haired
(which was all of them) person sitting in front of those lights.

It looked like ten rows of perfect
snowballs

It was then I looked at the rest of the audience and realized that, because of our dark hair, DH and I were the pigment impaired in that group.

It turned out to be the best concert we ever attended.:D

I used to have pigment impaired hairs, not white but totally clear. and a totally different texture from my regular hair. sort of like monofilament fishing line.
My wife started with some of these at about 50. There have always been about a dozen of these nearly clear mutants, and they're the only curly ones on her head of otherwise straight hair. They make themselves easier to find by sticking up and going whichever way they want. After a few years of marriage, she got tired of having me rip them out. We've come to think of them as part of the family now.

I keep threatening to dye my hair BLUE for formal night sometime,,, after all I'll never see these people again.

Garrick

Take yourself a cruise on HAL and you'll fit right in. Or are we talking about a somewhat different shade of blue?:p

Archived