Dinner table assignments

Naismith

On our cruise last month, we had a wonderful time at dinner, with another couple who shared much of our values and experiences.

At the time, I thought it was random chance. In thinking about it again, I wondered if it had to do with the fact that at least one member of each couple had a PhD, and (at least in our case) upon registration the title was "Dr."

Does anyone know what kind of algorithm Carnival uses in making seating assignments? Are factors such as titles taken into consideration? (I just wondered because I haven't always bothered to click the "title" tab.)

BTW, we don't need flames about our "superior" education. We don't consider ourselves better than anyone else, just that we've taken a different route. We share an experience some people couldn't understand, like starving through years of grad school and being laughed at all during high school for being a nerd.

My understanding is that during the sailing before the Maitre d' figures it all out and comes up with the seating plan. They seem to do a pretty good job.

On the imagination, we were at a round 8 top with three other couples. Two of which were within our age group and professional status. The other couple were younger but they were a hoot.

On the Glory with our two daughters, we were placed at an 8 top with another couple with two young girls.

The effort definately seems to be there.

Our cruise reservation indicated that we would be at a table of 8 but when we got there, we were at a table for 2. It's funny, cause we were actually looking forward to meeting some other people and thought this would be a good opportunity. Our travel agent had indicated that we were on our honeymoon on our paperwork, and we wondered if that is why we ended up at a table for two.

Our cruise reservation indicated that we would be at a table of 8 but when we got there, we were at a table for 2. It's funny, cause we were actually looking forward to meeting some other people and thought this would be a good opportunity. Our travel agent had indicated that we were on our honeymoon on our paperwork, and we wondered if that is why we ended up at a table for two.

Where on your reservation do you see it indicated a table for 8- I thought they only say small med or large table.

We requested a Large table for our last cruise and were put at a table for 4. We asked to be moved beacuse we too wanted to meet tablemates AND the othe couple at our table had not shown up for 2 nights.

We actually wound up at a different table for 4 and stayed because the other couple was great and we got along very well.

When I was planning my cruise last year....Our PVP asked if we was celebrating anything....we was celebrating our 15 year anniversary, so they put us with some newlyweds, and it was kinda funny because I thought we was more young at heart than the newlyweds....

On our Fantasy cruise last year no one ever sat with us at dinner except one night when this couple had missed the early seating and they sat them with us. We were really kinda sad, because both of us had looked forward to meeting people at dinner. But we met plenty at breakfast each day!:p

Archived