Cruise Critic U.K. News: Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines' New Ship Borealis Joins Rest of the Fleet in Rosyth

LauraS

• Administrators

(12:45 a.m. BST) -- The newest member of the Fred. Olsen fleet, Borealis, has joined the rest of its fleetmates moored at Rosyth, Scotland. The former Holland America Line Rotterdam had just finished a technical inspection at the Damen shipyards in Rotterdam before being handed over to Fred. Olsen on Friday. "It is great to see the first of ...

news?d=yIl2AUoC8zA news?d=qj6IDK7rITs
ls7Tosct4P4

View the full article

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/7/2020 at 5:18 AM, LauraS said:

(12:45 a.m. BST) -- The newest member of the Fred. Olsen fleet, Borealis, has joined the rest of its fleetmates moored at Rosyth, Scotland. The former Holland America Line Rotterdam had just finished a technical inspection at the Damen shipyards in Rotterdam before being handed over to Fred. Olsen on Friday. "It is great to see the first of ...

news?d=yIl2AUoC8zA news?d=qj6IDK7rITs

ls7Tosct4P4

View the full article

Can't read the full article, LauraS, please try again..

42 minutes ago, esa-aardvark said:

Just booked RTW on Borealsi, sailing JAN 2022. According to Bolsover

not many less expensive cabins left.

Good for you. Hope you have a wonderful time when it comes around!

Both ships now in Rosyth and formally handed over and flying the house flag. I wonder when they will be painted with their new livery? Also intrigued as to the funnel stacks. Will each stack be all red with the company logo on or maybe just a broad red band with the logo on over a white background? Also, cant wait to see what they are changing internally to 'install' fleet-wide venues like the Morning Light, Bookmark Café and Oriental Room.

39 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Both ships now in Rosyth and formally handed over and flying the house flag. I wonder when they will be painted with their new livery? Also intrigued as to the funnel stacks. Will each stack be all red with the company logo on or maybe just a broad red band with the logo on over a white background? Also, cant wait to see what they are changing internally to 'install' fleet-wide venues like the Morning Light, Bookmark Café and Oriental Room.

The advertising page on the website shows the funnels all red appart from a narrow white band at the top and the logo on the outside of each funnel.

Just looking at change over ports for the newly released worldie.  Surprised to see the first one is Puerto Caldera in Costa Rica, followed by Sydney and Dubai.  I had thought there would be turn arounds in the US and Singapore, though I think I have read that Fred had has problems doing one in the US previously because of the immigration system, which is quite difficult for UK passengers.  As this seems to largely be a replacement to the Boudicca jaunts, which had regular turn arounds (some only 14 days apart).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, esa-aardvark said:

Just booked RTW on Borealsi, sailing JAN 2022. According to Bolsover

not many less expensive cabins left.

Enjoy.  I think part of the issue with cabin availability is that it is basically replacing two  previous cruises (this winter and next), also people have only just been notified about the new itinerary and have been given cabin allocations, so I expect some of those allocations may yet be declined if people decide if they do not want to go ahead with the new itinerary.  I think we all want something to look forward to though, so could still have a number of bookings and there are four big sectors on sale as well.  

46 minutes ago, tring said:

The advertising page on the website shows the funnels all red appart from a narrow white band at the top and the logo on the outside of each funnel.

Just looking at change over ports for the newly released worldie.  Surprised to see the first one is Puerto Caldera in Costa Rica, followed by Sydney and Dubai.  I had thought there would be turn arounds in the US and Singapore, though I think I have read that Fred had has problems doing one in the US previously because of the immigration system, which is quite difficult for UK passengers.  As this seems to largely be a replacement to the Boudicca jaunts, which had regular turn arounds (some only 14 days apart).

Yes, the itinerary surprised me too. I checked it out hoping they might have something similar to the San Francisco to Hong Kong itinerary I have had cancelled for next year but was rather disappointed.

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Sir PMP said:

Can't read the full article, LauraS, please try again..

Fixed!

Laura

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1