New MSC excursion pkg- Seaside Carribbean

mamaneedsavacay

I'm booked on the Seaside out of Port Canaveral in December and this option just appeared on my cruise page (see photos.)

No further details. 

I'm wondering if we will be required to use MSC excursions as they are in the Med currently. And of course, I'd like to know what's included for that price! 

I noticed the other day when individual excursions became available to purchase in my MSC for Me app, but they were priced much higher than this. I just checked the app and this option appears there as well, with no additional details. 

Interesting... 

I already know what I like to do in Cozumel and Costa Maya, but would be interested to know what they are offering, particularly since we only have 8am-noon in Costa Maya, and that's not enough time to enjoy Maya Chan. 😞

Annotation 2020-09-10 191237.jpg

2222.jpg

Well, well, well. It’s on my Seaside itinerary too. I wonder if they will require excursions in Ocean Cay. If the answer is yes, then the package may be worth it. If not, it may be cheaper to book excursions separately for the other two ports.

DD59E96D-0DDC-4E6D-9742-8C2333029287.jpeg

1 hour ago, Tapi said:

Well, well, well. It’s on my Seaside itinerary too. I wonder if they will require excursions in Ocean Cay. If the answer is yes, then the package may be worth it. If not, it may be cheaper to book excursions separately for the other two ports.

Yours is cheaper than mine! 🙂 It must be based on which ports. Would love to know what the excursions consist of! I was not planning to do any excursions on Ocean Cay, but we'll see. My itinerary is two days at OC, so I wonder if it's two OC excursions.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Até said:

The MSC website has a shore excursion section.  Select the port and search, you can find the codes listed in the packages and see their description.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/cruise/excursions

Thanks!

This is all they have for this one, at first glance. I'll do more digging today. I'm sure it's specific to each date's itinerary. The seaside is doing different ports almost every week.

Which still makes me wonder if we'll be required to take MSC excursions as they are in the Med. No notice of that so far, I would hope we would know before final payment is due in a few weeks. Not that it changes our plans, but it might for other people.

Screenshot_20200911-083301_Chrome.jpg

The package you posted includes OCC08 in Ocean Cay, CMY01 in Costa Maya and COZ23 in Cozumel.  When you look those up on the MSC excursion area I linked to you can find their descriptions are:

OCC08 is "Bahama Bank Escape - Family Tour"

CMY01 is "Jungle Beach Break"

COZ23 is "Tulum Mayan Ruins"

There you can read the description, duration, difficulty, etc... but the exact price will only be seen in you booking detail area on the MSC website.  The MSC agent site does have general pricing.

OCC08.thumb.jpg.aabaf577e9a3139d47fd32f2e2c2ff41.jpg

CMY01.thumb.jpg.51b8b622b39c515b0cbad873f3357001.jpg

COZ23.thumb.jpg.0798d6220f07a4fd052fa32b08252719.jpg

• Thanks 1