Iona Canaries Feb '21 Cancelled

subbuteo14

On 9/17/2020 at 11:44 AM, subbuteo14 said:

Inevitable I suppose but that's my 4th cruise cancelled and my 7th cancelled holiday between 2018-21.  I should be going to Northumberland in two weeks!  

Really cannot face booking another holiday now.  Have taken refund.

Rob

But it's so much fun , deciding where not to go next. We decided this morning not to go to Cape Verde. We probably won't go to the Caribbean either. We found out that not going on a 14 night cruise saves a bundle.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

On 9/17/2020 at 11:44 AM, subbuteo14 said:

Inevitable I suppose but that's my 4th cruise cancelled and my 7th cancelled holiday between 2018-21.  I should be going to Northumberland in two weeks!  

Really cannot face booking another holiday now.  Have taken refund.

Rob

We were supposed to be on this cruise too with our friends but weren't going anyway because of Covid so we're happy to get  a refund. We're also meant to be doing the next cruise as a B2B so unless they cancel it as well we'll have to lose our deposit. Just hoping there will be a vaccine well before January 2022 so we can go on Ventura to the Caribbean

Edited by tartanexile81

14 hours ago, tartanexile81 said:

We were supposed to be on this cruise too with our friends but weren't going anyway because of Covid so we're happy to get  a refund. We're also meant to be doing the next cruise as a B2B so unless they cancel it as well we'll have to lose our deposit. Just hoping there will be a vaccine well before January 2022 so we can go on Ventura to the Caribbean

Don't cancel.  Before the final payment date you can always move the booking to another cruise that is on sale.  Maybe the same cruise but in a year's time?

On 9/18/2020 at 6:53 PM, zap99 said:

But it's so much fun , deciding where not to go next. We decided this morning not to go to Cape Verde. We probably won't go to the Caribbean either. We found out that not going on a 14 night cruise saves a bundle.

Its easy to forget how much more expensive cruising is compared to land based holidays.😮

I suspect there will be many who don't return to cruising for economic reasons as much as covid restrictions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobblehat71 said:

Its easy to forget how much more expensive cruising is compared to land based holidays.😮

I suspect there will be many who don't return to cruising for economic reasons as much as covid restrictions. 

I think that is a fact that many are rediscovering. 5 star all inclusive holidays compare very well with cruises. We want to cruise again and have 2 booked for next year. The costs do seem to be getting way out of line compared with nice hotels.

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

I think that is a fact that many are rediscovering. 5 star all inclusive holidays compare very well with cruises. We want to cruise again and have 2 booked for next year. The costs do seem to be getting way out of line compared with nice hotels.

Yes , we managed to get away in August for a week in Kos. 5* all inclusive for less than £600. each .

Can’t wait to cruising again . The current Model MSC have in place may be working but it’s not very appealing to me. Even with all the testing protocols it’s going to be a bit of a lottery as to whether a fellow passenger gets on board with the virus. 

• Like 1

AARGH!

I bought a new smartphone so I could keep up with all this new tech palaver. Took the PAYG sim out of my old pensioner proof mobile (BIG buttons) great for making and receiving calls and also texts.

Sim worked just fine in the new phone so I had a play around.........half an hour later put the sim back in the old phone, it is easier to use and my old fingers keep missing the 'keys' on the new phone.

Still the new one connects to the web via wifi no problem so it is now a mini computer. I took it shopping this morning the idea being to have a browse while having a coffee and use that square image thing for check and trace. Not that simple!

Connect to the free wifi

Discover you need to download the scanning APP

Could not download the APP so asked the young lady how to do it. Eeek, she can't make it work, it turns out nobody can make it work. Coffee going cold.

Reverted to low tech backup, after you have ordered your coffee tell the till person your name, postcode and contact number and they enter it on a keyboard beside the till. I will print the details on a card and use that rather than shouting through the mask

Other highlights today, 3 maskless people in the shopping centre, why is it always young adults? Fine them or better jump up and down on their mobile phones, they might think twice after that.

Primed the garage door yesterday, pouring down today

I need to have a cup of tea and have a lie down

edit - posted in wrong topic, need to have 2 cups of tea 😱

Edited by davecttr
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

We should have been on this cruise too. Was going to book something else but the TA in October next year on Brittania has increased by 1k since we did it couple of years ago. Select price. Balcony. On board spend is rubbish too. Not bothering. Have asked for refund. 

On 9/22/2020 at 12:58 PM, subbuteo14 said:

Don't cancel.  Before the final payment date you can always move the booking to another cruise that is on sale.  Maybe the same cruise but in a year's time?

My husband is in the high risk group so we won’t be booking any more cruises for the foreseeable future. We doubt if we’ll be able to go in the Caribbean cruise I mentioned in 2022