getting a refund

a4ofspades

Just spoke with an NCL rep who informed me we will not be getting a refund only a FCC.

Would love to know if anyone has any idea if this is it or if I have any other recourse. 

Quick backstory: booked a cruise that was canceled in the first covid wave of cancellations in March. Chose to rebook using FCC for July. Saw that was not going to be a go so rebooked for January. DH has COPD so knew it was both risky for him and read about the medical paperwork needed so canceled altogether in June. Was told refund would go on cc within 90 days. That passed last week so called today and was told since we used the FCC back in March vs taking the refund at that time, we are not getting our money back even though I have a cancellation letter that reads "net due" and the rep told me our money would be refunded. So looks to me like I am out of gas and they get to keep our money because I don't see DH being given medical go ahead to said anytime soon and Capital One has been zero help. Does anyone see any other options?? TIA

19 minutes ago, a4ofspades said:

Just spoke with an NCL rep who informed me we will not be getting a refund only a FCC.

Would love to know if anyone has any idea if this is it or if I have any other recourse. 

Quick backstory: booked a cruise that was canceled in the first covid wave of cancellations in March. Chose to rebook using FCC for July. Saw that was not going to be a go so rebooked for January. DH has COPD so knew it was both risky for him and read about the medical paperwork needed so canceled altogether in June. Was told refund would go on cc within 90 days. That passed last week so called today and was told since we used the FCC back in March vs taking the refund at that time, we are not getting our money back even though I have a cancellation letter that reads "net due" and the rep told me our money would be refunded. So looks to me like I am out of gas and they get to keep our money because I don't see DH being given medical go ahead to said anytime soon and Capital One has been zero help. Does anyone see any other options?? TIA

If you go to NCL's website there is a page full of Q&A's regarding the FCCs.  https://www.ncl.com/suspended-sailings

It is a shame that you did not understand earlier that when you kept your FCC, and then used it as a payment, you gave up the right to request a refund.

16 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

If you go to NCL's website there is a page full of Q&A's regarding the FCCs.  https://www.ncl.com/suspended-sailings

It is a shame that you did not understand earlier that when you kept your FCC, and then used it as a payment, you gave up the right to request a refund.

This is the unfortunate truth.  Once you accept FCC you eliminate the possibility of a cash refund.

4 hours ago, a4ofspades said:

When you originally accepted the FCC, you were bound by the terms and conditions of the FCC

What happens if the cancelled booking had a previous FCC applied?

The original FCC amount will be returned to the guests' profile. If an affected booking has a previously applied FCC (as a result of a previous suspended sailing), the enhanced value future cruise credit will not be applicable. Bookings under this circumstance are not eligible for a cash refund and will receive the original value of the FCC back to the guests’ profile.

Note FCCs have no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash. If a guest opts to retain the FCC provided, the guest hereby agrees to all of NCL’s terms and conditions associated with the FCC, which can also be found on www.ncl.com/cruise-faq. Please be advised that at no time will an FCC be redeemable for cash, including but not limited to situations of possible future cruise suspensions, displacements, cancellations or if the FCC exceeds the time in which it must be used.

Edited by BirdTravels

You won’t be able to get a cash refund. But NCL is now allowing people to sell/transfer their FCC to someone else - one time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

10 hours ago, mnventure said:

You won’t be able to get a cash refund. But NCL is now allowing people to sell/transfer their FCC to someone else - one time.

Now that is great!!! We have family who cruise so that would be wonderful!! Thank you so much!!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2020 at 9:54 PM, mnventure said:

Wanted to say thanks again...we were able to transfer the funds to my cousin who applied them to her cruise. Super happy 🙂 

• Like 1