Sun Princess Cruises Cancelled

disneyochem

Just got notification from Princess that our July 2021 Alaskan cruise out of LA is cancelled (as are all Sun cruises 12/28/20 thru 8/14/21).

Bummer!  Offered us 100% value of cruise fare paid as a refundable FCC and a bonus non-refundable FCC equal to 25% of the cruise fare paid.

Edited by disneyochem

39 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

Just got notification from Princess that our July 2021 Alaskan cruise out of LA is cancelled (as are all Sun cruises 12/28/20 thru 8/14/21).

Bummer!  Offered us 100% value of cruise fare paid as a refundable FCC and a bonus non-refundable FCC equal to 25% of the cruise fare paid.

You are pretty far out from this cruise so I am guessing there was no final payment involved.  Does this mean you will only receive FCC for money paid?  I guess this is a good deal for those who took advantage of the promotion that gave them 10% off if they paid their fare in full ... way before their cruise.  HMMMMM

You are pretty far out from this cruise so I am guessing there was no final payment involved.  Does this mean you will only receive FCC for money paid?  I guess this is a good deal for those who took advantage of the promotion that gave them 10% off if they paid their fare in full ... way before their cruise.  HMMMMM
When was this deal. I did not see it

4 hours ago, drsel said:
12 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

When was this deal. I did not see it

I do not remember when the deal was.  I am sure someone out there will have that information.  I thought about it but decided that I didn't want to tie up any more money with Princess on a cruise that may still not happen in June 2021.  I was the patient  one and waited for Princess to refund another cancelled cruise.  It took a very long time.  I don't think I was "dreaming" this one.

• Like 1

I am confused about the bonus offer.  We put an FCD ($100)pp down for our July Alaska sailing on the Sun.  No additional money.  Will we get an extra $25.00 pp as a non-refundable FCC?

Edited by CruzinNoony
reworded

I guess we are all in the same boat. My July Sun Cruise was cancelled also. I have already booked the 14 day cruise out of Vancouver. The problem I had is a majority of my cruise was paid for and the cruise price is similar between the LA and Vancouver cruise. I may end up taking a quick cruise to mexico with my future cruise credit. 

My agent give me two 10 digit numbers as FCC for the cancelled Princess cruise, and told me I can use them to book any future Cruise.

So is the 125 dollar FCC just a 10 digit number which you can apply as credit/ additional payment for another Princess cruise which you had previously booked?

1 hour ago, drsel said:

My agent give me two 10 digit numbers as FCC for the cancelled Princess cruise, and told me I can use them to book any future Cruise.

So is the 125 dollar FCC just a 10 digit number which you can apply as credit/ additional payment for another Princess cruise which you had previously booked?

If the number your agent gave you is 9 digits followed by a letter, that number is your Princess account number.  (Different account number for each passenger).  If you sign in at Princess website you can check your future cruise credits under “My Princess”.  Each passenger would have to sign in to see their individual credits.

12 hours ago, lorri111 said:

My cruise is still coming up on Personalizer as "live". how long will it take for the FCD i booked it with to go back into my Princess account? will wait for it to appear before another booking

Call them. It's up to Revenue Support to put it back into your account, they are very busy doing that for many other guests, but if you are booking another cruise when you call, there is a good chance they will do it then. It involves a lot or hold time on the phone. If you use a TA, they can get it done.

Call them. It's up to Revenue Support to put it back into your account, they are very busy doing that for many other guests, but if you are booking another cruise when you call, there is a good chance they will do it then. It involves a lot or hold time on the phone. If you use a TA, they can get it done.

I use a TA and gave him the 10 digit numbers.

TA phoned Princess, but Princess said that the FCCs have not been issued yet.

I will have to wait till I get the email about the cancellation

I just got an email from princess announcing two cruises from LA to Alaska. Same as the Sun itinerary. The dates are 7/3 and 7/17. I originally was on the 7/17. So I have to change my Vancouver cruise back to an LA cruise after just switching to Vancouver yesterday. Wowzer. 

12 minutes ago, gdlamberth said:

Any idea of ship they will use?

my best guess would be the Crown but really, who knows. They cruises don’t go on sale for 2 more weeks so so much can change between then and now. I attached the itinerary below. 

3BAC68F5-2385-4CD8-BA60-9D40330E3D7B.png

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, drsel said:

I have still not received any cancellation email of my Sea Princess cruise on 29th April 2021.

The Cruise is still shown as confirmed on the Princess website

I emailed our PVP yesterday about our cancelled August cruise on the Sun. He wrote back that it would take awhile for this to happen and the conversion of FCD in our case, to FCC+25%.  We did receive an email of cancellation, but like with your sailing, it still shows on the website.

Like others here on CC, we had two other cruises cancelled and while it took time, no money or credit was lost. Patience.

Edited by mtnesterz

3 hours ago, drsel said:

I have still not received any cancellation email of my Sea Princess cruise on 29th April 2021.

The Cruise is still shown as confirmed on the Princess website

Our Panama Canal Cruise (January 2021) and the Alaska Sun Cruise we’re both canceled.  Both still show up on our cruise personalizer AND we have not received our FCCs.

Four cruises canceled, FCC processed for only 2 of them.

I emailed our PVP yesterday about our cancelled August cruise on the Sun. He wrote back that it would take awhile for this to happen and the conversion of FCD in our case, to FCC+25%.  We did receive an email of cancellation, but like with your sailing, it still shows on the website.
Like others here on CC, we had two other cruises cancelled and while it took time, no money or credit was lost. Patience.
You had two Cruises cancelled.
I had 11 Cruises cancelled, six of them Costa

Our Panama Canal Cruise (January 2021) and the Alaska Sun Cruise we’re both canceled.  Both still show up on our cruise personalizer AND we have not received our FCCs.

Four cruises canceled, FCC processed for only 2 of them.
But I haven't received any cancellation email from either the travel agent or Princess cruise lines.

when I emailed the travel agent, she said that the FCC takes some time to be issued and once issued, then I can use it to transfer the funds to my other already booked Princess cruise.

I just want to know if I make the final payment on this CANCELLED Cruise will I get 125% FCC on the entire amount or only the deposit?