Throw Back Thursday - The Waterslide Fear Is Real

Chesneygirl

6 hours ago, Chesneygirl said:

This poor guy was truly scared to go down the sudden drop water slide…does he do it? Only way to find out is by watching! Hope you enjoy my throwback Thursday video! :classic_biggrin:

That dude should have been more considerate of others (in line waiting) and stepped out long before he actually did. Sorry if I spoiled your intro question Chesneygirl.

Thanks for posting another Throw Back Thursday video!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, farmersfight said:

That dude should have been more considerate of others (in line waiting) and stepped out long before he actually did. Sorry if I spoiled your intro question Chesneygirl.

Thanks for posting another Throw Back Thursday video!

Haha no worries! :classic_biggrin:

It's definitely scary...I did it on the breakaway 5 years ago...but if you put it in perspective by thinking of all the people who have gone before you, and even watching them, you just get in and go and it's literally over in a matter of seconds! Smooth ride all the way to splash down! :) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, eukonsmom4602 said:

It's definitely scary...I did it on the breakaway 5 years ago...but if you put it in perspective by thinking of all the people who have gone before you, and even watching them, you just get in and go and it's literally over in a matter of seconds! Smooth ride all the way to splash down! :) 

I'm a big chicken…you'll never catch me on one of those slides lol! 

• Like 1

My Wife did it in February on the Bliss, I was attempting to video it from the deck but the sun made it difficult to see what I was capturing.  I just started the video going and thought I saw her drop out of sight so I turned to watch the view port about 1/2 way thru.

I was still taping when she walked up behind me and  and said " I got stuck"   She made it about 10 feet into the uphill section then stopped and slid backward. I guess they expect this to happen as there was a hatch right where she stopped, they opened it and removed her.

I told her I did not think I got a good video because of the sun glare but we got a laugh.  Later in the cabin I looked at the video and saw her go by the clear section just before the up hill. Seconds later, here she comes

again moving backwards.

A great trip, we got back Mar 1st, 1 week before the pandemic shut NY Cruising down

• Like 4

5 hours ago, kevink1955 said:

My Wife did it in February on the Bliss, I was attempting to video it from the deck but the sun made it difficult to see what I was capturing.  I just started the video going and thought I saw her drop out of sight so I turned to watch the view port about 1/2 way thru.

I was still taping when she walked up behind me and  and said " I got stuck"   She made it about 10 feet into the uphill section then stopped and slid backward. I guess they expect this to happen as there was a hatch right where she stopped, they opened it and removed her.

I told her I did not think I got a good video because of the sun glare but we got a laugh.  Later in the cabin I looked at the video and saw her go by the clear section just before the up hill. Seconds later, here she comes

again moving backwards.

A great trip, we got back Mar 1st, 1 week before the pandemic shut NY Cruising down

I did it on Bliss too In January, I too got "stuck" and went back a forth to the "escape hatch"  That thing is the worst thing to get out of! and they will not give you a hand doing it.   It was fun for the bit I did go down on.  

• Like 1