FCC on a Cruise with KSF

We have a 3 FCCs and 4 cruises booked (one of which I feel won't happen).  The FCCs are for the same passengers that are booked on the cruises.  i.e. DH, DS, DD and myself

We just got KSF for our summer cruise where my DD got the deal.  Thus, that means that my daughter's cost is 0 with the exception of taxes & fees, and gratuities...to which FCC cannot be applied.

Will Royal let us apply my daughter's FCC to cruise fare for one of the rest of us?  Or do we lose it?

12 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

We have a 3 FCCs and 4 cruises booked (one of which I feel won't happen).  The FCCs are for the same passengers that are booked on the cruises.  i.e. DH, DS, DD and myself

We just got KSF for our summer cruise where my DD got the deal.  Thus, that means that my daughter's cost is 0 with the exception of taxes & fees, and gratuities...to which FCC cannot be applied.

Will Royal let us apply my daughter's FCC to cruise fare for one of the rest of us?  Or do we lose it?

If you apply the adults first and there is room left over then you can apply the kids to cover the balance. 

call them, I have found that they are willing to work with you to use it up. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Yes. Rci allowed me to "pool" all my FCC for 1 cruise, and use  my  kids fcc for the  outstanding balance. Only stipulation  was that all the names had to be the same on the new booking.

12 minutes ago, jptoz said:

Yes. Rci allowed me to "pool" all my FCC for 1 cruise, and use  my  kids fcc for the  outstanding balance. Only stipulation  was that all the names had to be the same on the new booking.

Thanks for letting me know that this worked for us.  We are good as the FCC is for all same 4 people that are on our sailings.

One more confirmation unrelated to KSF...but it's a puzzle trying to figure out how to apply our 3 FCCs to 4 booked cruises (all with different terms of 'use by' and 'sail by').

One of our FCCs has a use by of Dec 31, 2021 and sail by of Dec 31st, 2021.

We have a cruise for Dec 24, 2021 so am planning on applying it to that one (largest FCC and largest cruise fare).

If by chance that Dec cruise doesn't sail, will Royal re-issue that FCC with later use by and sail by dates?  Maybe this can't even be answered yet as we don't know what they will do past 2021, but my understanding from past questions is that it will be re-issued with a later date but want to make sure.  

4 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

One more confirmation unrelated to KSF...but it's a puzzle trying to figure out how to apply our 3 FCCs to 4 booked cruises (all with different terms of 'use by' and 'sail by').

One of our FCCs has a use by of Dec 31, 2021 and sail by of Dec 31st, 2021.

We have a cruise for Dec 24, 2021 so am planning on applying it to that one (largest FCC and largest cruise fare).

If by chance that Dec cruise doesn't sail, will Royal re-issue that FCC with later use by and sail by dates?  Maybe this can't even be answered yet as we don't know what they will do past 2021, but my understanding from past questions is that it will be re-issued with a later date but want to make sure.  

Any FCC's that are reissued have an expiry date of 12 months from the date of cancelation.

If you cancelled.  Apply by and sail by date of Dec 31, 2021

If Royal cancelled.  Apply by Dec 31, 2021 sail by April 30, 2022

Also, if it was a sailing that the FCC was originally cancelled by Royal and the sailing that it was applied to gets cancelled you have the option of a refund on the entire amount including the original FCC

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Any FCC's that are reissued have an expiry date of 12 months from the date of cancelation.

If you cancelled.  Apply by and sail by date of Dec 31, 2021

If Royal cancelled.  Apply by Dec 31, 2021 sail by April 30, 2022

Thank you.  You are always such a great help. So if we cancel the Dec cruise in Sept 2021 (before final payment) then it would get reissued with expiry of Sept 2022.

I think our FCCs have different terms based on when they were issued.

e.g.

• one from Dorian already got extended with a use by of Dec 30, 2020 (and cannot be applied to a xmas cruise)

But the other two we cancelled and have a sail by of Dec 31, 2021

23 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Thank you.  You are always such a great help. So if we cancel the Dec cruise in Sept 2021 (before final payment) then it would get reissued with expiry of Sept 2022.

I think our FCCs have different terms based on when they were issued.

e.g.

• one from Dorian already got extended with a use by of Dec 30, 2020 (and cannot be applied to a xmas cruise)

But the other two we cancelled and have a sail by of Dec 31, 2021

Yes, September, 2022

• Thanks 1