Msc,new to this line

ohnonotmeagain

Hi

New to MSC but not cruising. Thinking  of Norway 2021,7 nights.Solo.

On doing some research ,have read about "theme nights" could anyone  elaborate please.

Has anyone  got anymore info on Magnifica aft cabin 11247?  I like aft cabins,any pros and cons? or  pictures? Or even sister ships:-)

many thanks 

Our experience is limited to Seaside in the Caribbean, but for what it's worth, re theme nights:

White Night seems to have by far the greatest participation.  Almost everyone wore white, or at least a white shirt, for the entire evening.  

There were several other themes during our two cruises, but we saw very few people in "costume"  (Gatsby, 1970's) during the evening.  Likewise, on Italian Night we saw very few people in red, white, green.

We did not attend the top deck parties that followed those themes, so cannot comment, but perhaps more got into the themes for those.  I believe the activities staff did so.  If you enjoy that, go for it, otherwise, no need to pack anything special.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No worry about theme nights. Generally only the Italian night will be more noted once the MDR will be decorated accordingly, with the menu following it. Otherwise, partaking on such parties is entirely optional. On 7 MSC cruises I have never partaken on a single one!...

Aft cabins might to be good. Beware that some very aft ones can to be too far away from wherever else. Only you can decide. I personally prefer center ship ones for a bit more stability and better connections to where I want to go.

The Magnifica is a beautiful and classy 95 gross tons middle sized ship fully refurbished some 2 or 3 years ago. It might to be in extremely good conditions right now. While it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of newer ships, you'll certainly to have a nice time there!... I have 2 cruises on her, one of them a Transatlantic from Brazil to Portugal.

Have a nice day and nice sailings!

• Thanks 1