Windsurf Barbados

itd1sah

We are booked on the Windsurf from Barbados in late January.  If arriving on embarkation date,

would we be considered 'intransit'?  Trying to sift thru their entry requirements and how it

pertains to arriving on the island to go on a cruise other than staying in the airport to connect

to another destination.  

Just a thought...

Where will you be traveling from? In January 2020, we were suppose to depart from Pensacola, FL for Barbados via Charlotte in the early morning. Because of dense fog along the Gulf Coast, our flight was cancelled. They re-scheduled us for the following day but we knew that the same early morning flight would be canceled again and we would miss our connection in Charlotte. We opted to rent a car, drive to Miami and catch a flight from Miami direct to Barbados to avoid any further delay. We had been scheduled for 2 nights in Barbados prior to boarding Wind Surf. Because of our fog delay, we only had one night in Barbados.

If we had chosen to fly in the day of our debarkation, we would have missed our cruise. We are snow birds and live in Minnesota and Florida. When in Minnesota during the winter we often think about the weather and flights. We didn't even realize we would have to think about the weather along the Gulf Coast. Food for thought...

As a rule, we always fly to either SXM or BGI a day or two before the cruise. Reading the entry

requirements for Barbados is somewhat confusing but my take away is that if you fly there a few days before the cruise you would be subject to  further testing and possible isolation. 

The only information that I found that might work is the 'intransit' status. 

Final payment is due soon and we need to make a decision to go or not. 

I am flying from Florida so arriving on embarkation day is OK but not ideal.

Hoping that someone who reads this board and is embarking from BGI this winter could tell

me  how they  are handling the entry requirements.