Three months with zero respnse from AIG

Sunburg1

32 minutes ago, Sunburg1 said:

Three months today since AIG acknowledged receiving my claim. not one word since.

What does California's State Insurance Commissioner say is the expected turn around time?

Maybe you need to get them involved. Just a thought.

It is usually wise to use a stepwise approach when dealing with insurance companies.  After filing your claim you should have received some kind of acknowledgment along with a "claim number."  At this point you should try a phone call during which you politely ask for the status of your claim.  You will likely have more success with tact then being outraged or angry.  If your phone call bears no fruit then follow-up with a polite (but firm) e-mail again asking for the status of your claim.   Based on the response you can then formulate the next step.  Until you have a "claim number" it is difficult to move to the next step.  That claim number is very important because it is your proof that you have initiated the claims process and effectively stopped the clock on any initial filing deadlines.

Keep in mind that AIG is a huge company and your solution will usually lie in getting to the proper person.  If all else fails you can enlist the help of Christopher Elliott (www.elliott.org) who has an excellent consumer activist organization.  He does list the key contact folks at AIG and would normally suggest that you elevate the issue (always being polite and business-like) to a higher level (his site lists the CEO).  

It is vital that you document every step and keep a file with a record (and notes) of all your phone calls, e-mails, snail mail correspondence.  Keep in mind that even large insurance companies have been overwhelmed with claim issues related to COVID so delays have become more the norm then the exception.  Do not give up, do not lose your patience, always be polite, and keep being your own advocate.  If all else fails then you can certainly follow Kifrodo's advice and contact your State's Insurance Commissioner although you can be sure they are also overwhelmed with requests.

If you are successful in getting to somebody in their claims processing department keep nudging them to process your claim and ask if "there is anything I can do or give you to help the process?"

Hank

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sunburg1 said:

I have checked this A LOT. The response is that it is "under review." That is obviously a lie, nothing is being done at all.

Hi Sunburg1,

Did you buy your Travel Guard policy directly or via an agent?

If you used an agent, have they been helping you? If not, get them involved because they earned a commission from the sale and I believe they are morally obligated to help you?

If you didn't use an agent, would you like me to followup on your claim?

Steve Dasseos

5 hours ago, Sunburg1 said:

I bought it from your competition, Insure my trip.com

Hi Sunburg1,

If insure my trip isn't giving you the help you need, I am willing to try on your behalf, but I can't make any promises. However, I prefer you exhaust insure my trip's help first.

Steve Dasseos

Today, five days past the 3 month mark I got a phone call from someone at AIG, a ray of hope, but, this woman die not appear to have even read the claim and then lied to me saying she had sent me an Email. I have every Email that I have received since before the claim was filed. She did not send me any Email.

Lets hope for the best

13 hours ago, Sunburg1 said:

Today, five days past the 3 month mark I got a phone call from someone at AIG, a ray of hope, but, this woman die not appear to have even read the claim and then lied to me saying she had sent me an Email. I have every Email that I have received since before the claim was filed. She did not send me any Email.

Lets hope for the best

Hi Sunburg1,

Is insure my trip helping you?

Steve Dasseos

Steve, I have not yet talked to insure My Trip but may have to yet, the day after I had the latest contact with AIG they authourized an amount of slightly less than half of what I claimed and what I am due with no explanation at all. Needless to say I will keep fighting.