del Rio comment on new builds post 2023

greykitty

https://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/388639/nclh-president-tips-regent-seven-seas-for-next-newbuild

Speaking at the Seatrade Cruise Virtual conference in the ‘State of the Global Cruise Industry’ session, Frank Del Rio said: “We have nine vessels on order across our three brands.

“But if I place any more, the likely brand that we’ll consider a newbuild for first would be Regent. It’s expecting its last Explorer class vessel in 2023, so it would be another one for Regent that I would look to place next.”

• Like 2

FANTASY  !!!!

Surely Fake News and hubris : I cannot believe in this climate without cruising back at all, that any sensible company is going to expand its fleet ?

Lets get what Regent have back and working in a viable manner before expansion ideas. Airlines are talking 5 years to get back to 2019 passenger numbers, if at all with the collapse of corporate travel. I would think that cruising must be on the same time scale.

The Navigator, Mariner, and Voyager turn 25 years old in 2024, 2026, and 2028, respectively.  Although Mariner and Voyager are my two favorite ships, I know they will be retired/sold at some point.  I am hoping the Navigator stays around long enough to complete the Grand Arctic next year.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

The Navigator, Mariner, and Voyager turn 25 years old in 2024, 2026, and 2028, respectively.  Although Mariner and Voyager are my two favorite ships, I know they will be retired/sold at some point.  I am hoping the Navigator stays around long enough to complete the Grand Arctic next year.  

Agree 100% - love the older ships, the new ones are a bit much.

• Like 4