Gift Card refund

pizzaman1343

6 minutes ago, pizzaman1343 said:

My cruise was cancelled about 2 weeks ago and my Gift Cards that I used for payment were supposed to be refunded.  Has anyone been thru this?  Do they issue new gift cards or refund back to original cards?  Thanks for any help. 

You should be refunded the same way you paid for the cruise. In other words, you should receive new gift cards as the refund.

15 hours ago, daley18 said:

We just got our gift cards from a cruise we canceled last week.  They fedex new gift cards. 

We received our gift card from a cruise cancelled for April sailing, a few weeks ago.  

they issue a new gift card and they snail mail it. make sure carnival has your address on file in all of thier systems. you or ta needs to have carnival check your booking

i had a problem getting my gift card refund due to carnival not having my address on the booking

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2020 at 3:48 PM, daley18 said:

We just got our gift cards from a cruise we canceled last week.  They fedex new gift cards. 

You got lucky. Mine took months. They will reissue you brand new cards, they cant reattach the balance to the card you used. 

My $100 gift card was FedEx'd (no signature required) to an address that I haven't lived at in a year and a half.  It took 91 minutes on the phone yesterday to get it sorted out, but a new one is coming.

Moral of the story is: if you have moved since a cruise was booked, make sure that Carnival not only has your new address, but that your old booking is updated to reflect that new address.