Preziosa

deliver42

1 hour ago, Até said:

Today Preziosa was removed from the CDC list of ships planning to sail into a US port, transfer crew to/from US cities or be allowed onto MSC's other US based CDC compliant ships.  So it is likely there were no COVID-19 cases on the Preziosa.  More likely is they had finished any crew transfer needs and stopped filing the CDC compliance documents once the ship was ready to leave the area.

Interesting. Now Preziosa  left for Europe and not for South America, where it was supposed to sail mainly in Brasil. In addition Musica and Sinfonia are apparently not going to operate in South America and yesterday I have seen a German site indicating that Seaview, which is in Brasil at the moment, will also not operate until March 13th 2021. Under those circumstances why is MSC still selling cruises for January, February and March in South America?

Yes, I think it is very poor that MSC is still selling cruises that are almost certain not to operate.

Strangely I'm considering making a booking though, just to get the 25% credit offered to UK customers when the cruises are cancelled.  

6 hours ago, 8420PR said:

Yes, I think it is very poor that MSC is still selling cruises that are almost certain not to operate.

Strangely I'm considering making a booking though, just to get the 25% credit offered to UK customers when the cruises are cancelled.  

You only get this if you pay in full and book for another cruise until December 2021. 

Apparently Preziosa has suspended the cruises until February 28th inclusive. This information came in the web page from MSC. No cruises in South America until then. However they are still listing the transatlantic for March 27th from Santos. I wonder how MSC thinks to conduct that transatlantic if the Preziosa is now in Europe and it will not sail in South America during the first two months next year. Are we supposed to believe they will send the Preziosa from Europe to Brasil just to do the transatlantic from Brasil to Europe?

Edited by travelberlin

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JohnJayJotaJames said:

MSC have just cancelled the remainder of the Summer season here in Brazil (16 January 2021 to 31 March 2021). Preziosa can now stay in Naples.

Thanks for your post! MSC is not sending any message about that cancellation though. Today we have received another confirmation of our Transatlantic with the Preziosa as if it were sailing from Brasil on March 27th.

Ivi

6 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Today we have received another confirmation of our Transatlantic with the Preziosa as if it were sailing from Brasil on March 27th.

MSC US is still selling your itinerary, more and more I think MSC is considering to modify this sailing.   Unfortunately the embarkation date would have to change significantly, to somewhere around the 13th or 15th (or else they could cancel the first Med sailings), ship to Seaview and the sailing would end up in Marseille.  It seems MSC is keeping their options open, I wonder if a large enough percent of people would keep the booking.  If that is their plan they really need to let people already booked know now, or just go ahead and cancel.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Até said:

MSC US is still selling your itinerary, more and more I think MSC is considering to modify this sailing.   Unfortunately the embarkation date would have to change significantly, to somewhere around the 13th or 15th (or else they could cancel the first Med sailings), ship to Seaview and the sailing would end up in Marseille.  It seems MSC is keeping their options open, I wonder if a large enough percent of people would keep the booking.  If that is their plan they really need to let people already booked know now, or just go ahead and cancel.

Até, I think it has just been removed from UK and US sites. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I can no longer find them. They were definitely selling them yesterday in Brazil.

2 minutes ago, JohnJayJotaJames said:

Até, I think it has just been removed from UK and US sites. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I can no longer find them. They were definitely selling them yesterday in Brazil.

Até, I just searched again and somehow I can now see the Santos to Lisbon/Le Havre 27th March on the MSC Preziosa!!! So confused!

47 minutes ago, JohnJayJotaJames said:

Até, I just searched again and somehow I can now see the Santos to Lisbon/Le Havre 27th March on the MSC Preziosa!!! So confused!

I wouldnt trust this information. A funny thing is that if you surf the internet, you will find similar news regarding many other cruises and all of them are forecasting future cruising without any valuable foundation. I think we can forget about it for now 

On 12/8/2020 at 7:34 AM, 8420PR said:

Strange yes, rather you than me!  Don’t wish to be a MSC creditor as they are totally untrustworthy 

22 hours ago, JohnJayJotaJames said:

If you go through to cabin selection you will see there are only a handful of cabins available.  Limited to Inside, Ocean View or Balcony and all on deck nine and ten.  MSC is working on some plan.

3 hours ago, Até said:

If you go through to cabin selection you will see there are only a handful of cabins available.  Limited to Inside, Ocean View or Balcony and all on deck nine and ten.  MSC is working on some plan.

I wish they will just be straight forward.  This funny behavior is not welcome in a time with so many uncertainties already.

39 minutes ago, JohnJayJotaJames said:

Still for sale on MSC US site!

I haven't seen anything there yet. I doubt those deals are good anyway. They are just trying to make up for losses they suffered this year. Most likely prices have additional increase in them that we dont see or notice but I am sure that no promotion and no "good" deal will really look that good 

2 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Yes, it is now on the MSC website that the Grand Voyage with the Preziosa from Brazil to Europe has been cancelled. 

I don't see that.  German site states Preziosa cancelled to March 21st inclusive.  March 27th TA is still on sale.

P1.thumb.jpg.0f6d474f7867a58c7027811f45fac2e2.jpg

P2.thumb.jpg.c65d81f56b72c24336570ff3809ad907.jpg

1 hour ago, Até said:

I don't see that.  German site states Preziosa cancelled to March 21st inclusive.  March 27th TA is still on sale.

P1.thumb.jpg.0f6d474f7867a58c7027811f45fac2e2.jpg

P2.thumb.jpg.c65d81f56b72c24336570ff3809ad907.jpg

If you look at the page you notice that the list is for cancelled cruises. Among them is the Grand voyage from March 27th. Look under the line you have underlined. Even though they are still selling the voyage, it is listed under the cancelled cruises. 

Edited by travelberlin

5 hours ago, travelberlin said:

If you look at the page you notice that the list is for cancelled cruises. Among them is the Grand voyage from March 27th. Look under the line you have underlined. Even though they are still selling the voyage, it is listed under the cancelled cruises.

My error, for some reason my non-German brain read it as the World Cruise like on Magnifica above.  The German MSC informational side has lately been ahead of the curve so I do suspect it will likely disappear from the sales side soon.

Seaview is headed to Algeciras, Spain - along with Seaside.  So I think that pretty much ends the possibility of any TA from Brazil, or the US, to Europe this Spring.

Edited by Até