using FCC to buy a BOGO offer

davsen

Hi hope question makes sense..,

We have 2 FCC credits from a cancelled trip, one in my name, one in my wife's of equal value.. if we buy a BOGO cruise (60% off 2nd guest) can both be fully applied or is it limited to the ratio of the BOGO?..

ie .. If the total cruise fair after discounts (and leaving out port fees and gratuities...) is 3300$x2 - 2300(bogo60)  -830 discounts  = 3500$ (and we have 2x 1600$ =3200$ ffc's) is the full 3200$ FCC usable?  Or is it used as 1600$ against my fair (of 3300$) and a partial against my wife's bogo fair of ~ $1000,

ie will her 'surplus 600$' go against my deficit or are we left with a residual fcc we have to use on another cruise?

~dave

Edited by davsen

7 minutes ago, davsen said:

Hi hope question makes sense..,

We have 2 FCC credits from a cancelled trip, one in my name, one in my wife's of equal value.. if we buy a BOGO cruise (60% off 2nd guest) can both be fully applied or is it limited to the ratio of the BOGO?..

ie .. If the total cruise fair after discounts (and leaving out port fees and gratuities...) is 3300$x2 - 2300(bogo60)  -830 discounts  = 3500$ (and we have 2x 1600$ =3200$ ffc's) is the full 3200$ FCC usable?  Or is it used as 1600$ against my fair (of 3300$) and a partial against my wife's bogo fair of ~ $1000,

ie will her 'surplus 600$' go against my deficit or are we left with a residual fcc we have to use on another cruise?

~dave

If it was a FCC issued as a result of a cruise cancelled by Royal they will pool the money and allow the extra to be applied to the other persons fare. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

So add tangle to my original question,,  if I put the ~900$ deposited down as cash (credit card) and then later apply the FCC and the total then exceed the full cost (ie with taxes, port fees, gratuities) ... what happens then?

9 minutes ago, davsen said:

So add tangle to my original question,,  if I put the ~900$ deposited down as cash (credit card) and then later apply the FCC and the total then exceed the full cost (ie with taxes, port fees, gratuities) ... what happens then?

You can only apply as much FCC as there is unpaid cruise fare.

FCC does not cover gratuities, taxes or deposits.

the best way is to book a cruise and use your a FCC immediately and have it applied to the deposit.  Call Royal or a travel agent to book without putting a deposit down. 

any unused fcc gets reissued after the first sailing is completed. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Ok, my situation is a little different but am hoping @Ourusualbeach or someone who is also a T.A. or has had this situation can respond.  My friend and I were booked on a cruise for this past June which of course was canceled by Royal due to Covid.  We were each issued $2032 in FCC because our fares were the same/divided equally due to a '30% off all guests' promo.   Our new booking is on Indy for June and it was booked under BOGO 60% off.  Royal says they can't apply them evenly. For the new one, I'd have to use 1953 of mine and my friend would use 622 of hers.  That would leave me with $89 and my friend with $1410, pretty lopsided. 😕   I tried resolutions and got nowhere other than them offering to do the reverse but one would still pay the majority and come away with not much left and the other gets enough to book a whole new cruise.   Anyone fight this battle and win?  

Or.........wondering if there will be another take 30% off each guest on the horizon, although fares for my booking in July have really started to climb.  The rep suggest we bump up to a suite to use it all up at once, but that sailing has no suites available, and hasn't seen it was opened for bookings on Sept 28th.  

9 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Ok, my situation is a little different but am hoping @Ourusualbeach or someone who is also a T.A. or has had this situation can respond.  My friend and I were booked on a cruise for this past June which of course was canceled by Royal due to Covid.  We were each issued $2032 in FCC because our fares were the same/divided equally due to a '30% off all guests' promo.   Our new booking is on Indy for June and it was booked under BOGO 60% off.  Royal says they can't apply them evenly. For the new one, I'd have to use 1953 of mine and my friend would use 622 of hers.  That would leave me with $89 and my friend with $1410, pretty lopsided. 😕   I tried resolutions and got nowhere other than them offering to do the reverse but one would still pay the majority and come away with not much left and the other gets enough to book a whole new cruise.   Anyone fight this battle and win?  

Or.........wondering if there will be another take 30% off each guest on the horizon, although fares for my booking in July have really started to climb.  The rep suggest we bump up to a suite to use it all up at once, but that sailing has no suites available, and hasn't seen it was opened for bookings on Sept 28th.  

Try again.

I have received different answers from resolutions.  I know that I would push this.  Usually they are more accommodating when the FCC is a result of them cancelling the cruise.

If you can find a TA that has group space available it would solve the problem as group space has the benefit of being priced net of promotions so each guest is shown paying the exact same amount. The downside is they only have certain categories available, usually the lowest 2 categories in each super category. .

if you book another cruise together then you could work this in reverse and if the cruise Is more than the FCC remaining then they will use up all the FCC regardless of whose name is with what $ amount. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Try again.

I have received different answers from resolutions.  I know that I would push this.  Usually they are more accommodating when the FCC is a result of them cancelling the cruise.

If you can find a TA that has group space available it would solve the problem as group space has the benefit of being priced net of promotions so each guest is shown paying the exact same amount. The downside is they only have certain categories available, usually the lowest 2 categories in each super category. .

if you book another cruise together then you could work this in reverse and if the cruise Is more than the FCC remaining then they will use up all the FCC regardless of whose name is with what $ amount. 

we do have another cruise together for March of '22, so I would hope they would let us use it all up since the fare for that is $1188 each and one of us would have the $89 and the other $1410 to apply to that. If they only let us apply $1410 against the $1188 and we lose the rest, I guess that's not a huge amount, but hit's the principle of the thing at that point.  

And as always, thanks Ken! @Ourusualbeach

Edited by rockmom

3 minutes ago, rockmom said:

we do have another cruise together for March of '22, so I would hope they would let us use it all up since the fare for that is $1188 each and one of us would have the $89 and the other $1410 to apply to that. If they only let us apply $1410 against the $1188 and we lose the rest, I guess that's not a huge amount, but hit's the principle of the thing at that point.  

And as always, thanks Ken! @Ourusualbeach

Yes that will work just fine.  You will be able to apply the $1499 to the total.  That is because this FCC was issued as a result of Royal cancelling the cruise.  They are not as flexible when it was a guest that cancelled under CWC. 

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes that will work just fine.  You will be able to apply the $1499 to the total.  That is because this FCC was issued as a result of Royal cancelling the cruise.  They are not as flexible when it was a guest that cancelled under CWC. 

ok, thanks!  Appreciate the insight.  🙂 

• Like 1

ok, an update,, just got off phone with RC...

I was able to apply our 2 equal FCC's across our current booking even though it was a bogo 60.. 

I had already paid the deposit by CC and with the FCC led to an over-payment... but they were not able to refund any of that which means we ended up with a 73$ 'surplus' on total cruise cost after the FCC application  (deposit was enough to covered all the things the FCC doesn't).  Checked for any 'better' rooms to try and use up the 73$ but the next thing up was tangibly more...  so left it as is and it will become another FFC after we sail, but believe it still has the same expiry rules :-( .

If I had realized at the time that I could have used the FFC to pay the deposit I  would have done that first (think that is a new option),  as was mentioned by OurUsualBeach  ..