Pacific Aria Farewell

Ondine

Announced today.  Oh well there go my remaining cruises for this season.

Thursday, October 15, 2020

P&O Cruises Australia today announced it will farewell its much-loved Pacific Aria as early as next month after the cruise ship’s departure was brought forward during the current pause in operations.

This follows the recent announcement of Pacific Dawn’s departure as P&O continues its fleet transformation and looks forward to the introduction of Pacific Adventure and Pacific Encounter.

It had been announced previously that the 1,260-guest Pacific Aria would leave the fleet next April but her departure was brought forward six months to enable the sale of the ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ondine said:

Announced today.  Oh well there go my remaining cruises for this season.

Thursday, October 15, 2020

P&O Cruises Australia today announced it will farewell its much-loved Pacific Aria as early as next month after the cruise ship’s departure was brought forward during the current pause in operations.

This follows the recent announcement of Pacific Dawn’s departure as P&O continues its fleet transformation and looks forward to the introduction of Pacific Adventure and Pacific Encounter.

It had been announced previously that the 1,260-guest Pacific Aria would leave the fleet next April but her departure was brought forward six months to enable the sale of the ship.

They are offering good cancellation perks, $200 per person on board credit if you transfer to a cruise they following year. Ours is only a 4 day cruise that got canceled. Bargain. Better compensation than RC.

18 minutes ago, Ned49 said:

They are offering good cancellation perks, $200 per person on board credit if you transfer to a cruise they following year. Ours is only a 4 day cruise that got canceled. Bargain. Better compensation than RC.

Not in all cases.  I can only get back a refund because I received credits for a 14 night Pacific Dawn October cruise they cancelled.  All I got extra then was $100 OBC pp.  Some bookings receive better offers than others!!

Email from today for Pacific Aria booking:

As you have previously received a Bonus Offer for a cruise cancelled in our pause of operations, you are not eligible for a Future Cruise Credit under this round of cancellations. We will automatically process a refund for any amounts received by P&O Cruises for your current booking. Please allow up to 60 business days for this refund to be processed.