Yacht club - ok for 4 children?

ChicagoCruisin

12 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

May I add this comment for one to consider if one chooses a cruise with no children?  If this cruise would happen to be a Christmas cruise, how might the lack of children aboard impact the "Christmas" feel of such a cruise?  

If one was on ones own, one would have one lonely Christmas if one was on such cruise! 😂

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

May I add this comment for one to consider if one chooses a cruise with no children?  If this cruise would happen to be a Christmas cruise, how might the lack of children aboard impact the "Christmas" feel of such a cruise?  

Why would a Christmas cruise onboard an adult only ship have any impact on Christmas feel?

10 hours ago, hamrag said:

If one was on ones own, one would have one lonely Christmas if one was on such cruise! 😂

As a solo cruiser, I have sailed on more than one Christmas cruise.  Maybe it's because I have spent my career working with young people.  Maybe it's because I am still "a child at heart" during the holidays.  But, I thoroughly--and I mean thoroughly--enjoy being able to attend the special Christmas programs that are designed for families and for children during those cruises.  HAL's Christmas morning "arrival of Santa" program and the distribution of gifts to the children aboard are cruising memory highlights of mine.  

Have I ever felt that I had a "lonely" Christmas aboard a cruise?  What do you think?

3 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Why would a Christmas cruise onboard an adult only ship have any impact on Christmas feel?

Please read my above post.  What kind of Christmas program would an "adult only" ship offer?  Truly, I don't know.  Please educate me if you are able to do so.

We've never been on a Christmas cruise so have no idea of the festive program offered but our own personal festive season feels festive enough but doesn't involve any children's activities. I just wondered why an adult only ship wouldn't feel festive. Presumably they would run a festive program which is aimed at adults. If you've booked an adult only cruise it's Presumably to avoid children focused family type activities? 

21 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

I just wondered why an adult only ship wouldn't feel festive. Presumably they would run a festive program which is aimed at adults. If you've booked an adult only cruise it's Presumably to avoid children focused family type activities? 

Anyone booking an adult only cruise may well do so to purposely avoid children.  Or, it could also be just to sail on such a cruise to experience what that cruise line is like.  

I would expect that an adult only Christmas cruise would have the ship decorated just as well as any ship where children are welcome.  I would expect "special adult-oriented" holiday activities, i.e. a Christmas tree lighting ceremony with egg nog that has some Rum in it, if one so wishes.  I would expect special menus in the dining room for Christmas Eve and/or Christmas Day.  I would expect some kind of special Christmas program in the ship's theater.  I would expect a Christmas Eve Midnight non-denominational service or Mass or on Christmas Day. 

Your thoughts?  

Sounds perfectly festive to me. If those types of things were planned, the answer to your original question is that a lack of children wouldn't impact the Christmas feel of a cruise IMO. Obviously it depends on what makes a person feel festive. The HAL activities you described and enjoyed I'd avoid as it would detract from my festive enjoyment but not having those events could detract from yours. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Sounds perfectly festive to me. If those types of things were planned, the answer to your original question is that a lack of children wouldn't impact the Christmas feel of a cruise IMO. Obviously it depends on what makes a person feel festive. The HAL activities you described and enjoyed I'd avoid as it would detract from my festive enjoyment but not having those events could detract from yours. 

I appreciate your response and I do agree.  While I admit that I enjoy watching the joy of children during Christmas (because they remind me of my own experiences), there have been several Christmas Days as an adult sans children.  2020 will be another such Christmas Day.  

Christmas 2020 is starting to be eroded already with the just read news that Pope Francis will celebrate Christmas in private.  No Christmas Eve Mass televised is what I read into this message.  As an American, I hope the Washington National Cathedral will be able to broadcast a Christmas Eve service.  

Christmas 2020:  No Christmas cruise, no children, no Mass from St. Peter's, family too far away for us to connect (even if we ought to do so):  thinking about this is very depressing to me.  

Christmas will certainly be very different this year, unfortunately. We would normally have my family visit but not permitted this year. I'd so hoped it would possible by then as I've not seen them this year, since last Christmas as it happens.

We're all healthy and well, my family and friends, we have comfortable homes and food, and I'm grateful for this as many are less fortunate. It doesn't prevent us all from feeling and experiencing sadness though. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Christmas will certainly be very different this year, unfortunately. We would normally have my family visit but not permitted this year. I'd so hoped it would possible by then as I've not seen them this year, since last Christmas as it happens.

We're all healthy and well, my family and friends, we have comfortable homes and food, and I'm grateful for this as many are less fortunate. It doesn't prevent us all from feeling and experiencing sadness though. 

Thanks for words of encouragement and hope.

I wouldn’t worry what other people say about taking your children on Yacht Club. You are paying for it and are entitled to everything that is offered, even with children. I have taken children in the Yacht Club with no problems and have never really seen any problem children. Mostly entitled people are the ones that complain about children in the Yacht Club

remember their money is worth the same as yours and don’t be bullied by the entitled ones. 

• Like 1