Explorer Miami Cancellations/Radian Replacement

Just got our email.

Nov 26, 2021 Explorer cancelled.
Replaced same date with Radiance.

$50USD/$100USD "our bad" offer

Sailing to............ "similar destinations"....... WTH? How do I make a decision based on that description? I think clearly they're hoping for cancellations.

2 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

Just got our email.

Sailing to............ "similar destinations"....... WTH? How do I make a decision based on that description? I think clearly they're hoping for cancellations.

Saw that on another thread posted earlier. Happen's. They did same with Brilliance/Independence 2 months ago. My 4th major change in 5yrs by Royal, half time no extra $$$ offered. 

Further:
$50USD for Interior/OV

$100 USD above that

If they don't hear from us they'll move automatically. Price protected.

They'll refund if current price is lower...... I think we all know there's no refunds going out on price difference.

We have till Oct 30 to decide.

Not impressed, not surprised. We've gone from an AMP'd Explorer, to a refurbished Explorer, to Radiance of the Seas sailing to an undetermined itinerary.

Just now, ONECRUISER said:

Saw that on another thread posted earlier. Happen's. They did same with Brilliance/Independence 2 months ago. My 4th major change in 5yrs by Royal, half time no extra $$$ offered. 

Oops, didn't see it anywhere. Hope I didn't double thread it.

Not a lot of it bothers me greatly to be honest.... the only real problem I have is 1 week to make a decision without knowing where we'd be going?!??!!?!?!

3 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

Not a lot of it bothers me greatly to be honest.... the only real problem I have is 1 week to make a decision without knowing where we'd be going?!??!!?!?!

Agree...

8 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

The other thread is someon booked on explorer from Galveston to miami ... cancelled. Nothing about being replaced. 

2 minutes ago, CruisingChristine said:

Explorer is going to San Juan. I just got the cancellation email from Freedom and now being moved to Explorer November 2021

May I ask your itinerary?

We booked with Bonaire in mind and now I'm searching I can't seem to find anything with it on the schedule....

19 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

Not impressed, not surprised. We've gone from an AMP'd Explorer, to a refurbished Explorer, to Radiance of the Seas sailing to an undetermined itinerary.

I feel your pain.  My group specifically booked for the ports.  Already did L&S from '21 to '22 hoping the new protocols would ease by then.  Now just waiting to see what the new itinerary is.  I expect to see the Radiance only doing a 8 day trip instead of the 9 we booked.  Hope I am wrong.

14 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

We booked with Bonaire in mind and now I'm searching I can't seem to find anything with it on the schedule....

1. SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO 
  2. CHARLOTTE AMALIE, ST. THOMAS 
  3. PHILIPSBURG, ST. MAARTEN 
  4. ST. JOHNS, ANTIGUA 
  5. CASTRIES, ST. LUCIA 
  6. BRIDGETOWN, BARBADOS

5 minutes ago, ptod said:

I feel your pain.  My group specifically booked for the ports.  Already did L&S from '21 to '22 hoping the new protocols would ease by then.  Now just waiting to see what the new itinerary is.  I expect to see the Radiance only doing a 8 day trip instead of the 9 we booked.  Hope I am wrong.

Stuff happens, I get it, and Covid is a gong show.

I just would like to know the itinerary, have more than a week to decide, and maybe they could allow a L&S to move to something we really wanted should we not like the itinerary.

43 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

Just got our email.

Our 12/10/2021 cruise on the Explorer just got cancelled as well.  Same automatic rebook on the Radiance, but have no idea on the exact cabin or ports.  $100 OBC offer.  We have until the 30th to cancel.  Dammit anyways.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

Stuff happens, I get it, and Covid is a gong show.

I just would like to know the itinerary, have more than a week to decide, and maybe they could allow a L&S to move to something we really wanted should we not like the itinerary.

I agree - a little more info up front would have helped.  I didn't follow the threads a few weeks ago regarding the other ships that were flipped flopped around.  I guess this is what happened to those cruisers as well.  My TA has just reached out to my group - everyone is waiting for more info to be released.

15 hours ago, firefly333 said:

The other thread is someon booked on explorer from Galveston to miami ... cancelled. Nothing about being replaced. 

That was me.  They aren't offering any replacement.  Just a straight cancellation.

15 hours ago, NateUpNorth said:

Only a few sailings have been uploaded so far, assuming they are still transferring over currently booked rooms. There is one sailing with Bonaire April 2022, so may be more Of that itinerary as they continue to upload. 

8DCEB711-4F7E-403D-AEF6-EF8D53ADF8CF.png