Summit movies under the stars

Maisyboo

Requesting information on cabin 1132 on the Celebrity Summit . The new outdoor  movie screen & seating appears to be directly above our cabin choice  . I've been searching video, photos and reviews for more information. So far not able to locate answer .Does anyone have experience with staying in this area in reference to how much light and sounds invade the balcony & cabin ?. If anyone has pictures of this cabin can you share them please .

Thanking CC community in advance for sharing knowledge 😀

Hello,

I have never been on the Summit.  However, based upon the information that I see online, it looks like below you is seating for the Oceanview Cafe and above you is as you said the rooftop terrace with seating to watch movies.  

Here is a link to a YouTube video of pictures from Celebrity Summit Cabin 1132, Aqua Class:

Celebrity Summit Cabin 1132

I gained this information by looking up the information on cruisedeckplans.com

Hope this helps 🙂

Douglas

I just realized the video was taken in 2012 and the Summit has been refurbished since then.  The TV gave it away for me 😉. It underwent the renovation in 2019.

The following is a stateroom tour, just not of your exact cabin, on Celebrity Summit after the re-do.

Celebrity Summit Stateroom Tour

Skip to 3:50 to get to Aqua Class

Edited by hungry1

There can be noise issues from the movies on Deck 12.  We were on the Summit in 1141 after the addition of the movies and the revolutionizing.  The cabin was lovely however the door to the balcony would only open occasionally.  The cabin attendant said it had been that way for months and he had not been successful in getting it permanently corrected.  Maintenance guy said it breaks a lot.   In our case it was stuck closed for 2 days then miraculously it worked again.

The noise is noticeable when you are on the balcony,  inside the cabin it is not as noticeable depending on the film being shown.  When we were on the Summit one of the movies was A Star is Born and it was shown at 12, 2, &4  we could hear it clearly on the balcony and when the film was at the point of a concert we could hear it inside. 

On 10/24/2020 at 11:50 AM, jelayne said:

There can be noise issues from the movies on Deck 12.  We were on the Summit in 1141 after the addition of the movies and the revolutionizing.  The cabin was lovely however the door to the balcony would only open occasionally.  The cabin attendant said it had been that way for months and he had not been successful in getting it permanently corrected.  Maintenance guy said it breaks a lot.   In our case it was stuck closed for 2 days then miraculously it worked again.

The noise is noticeable when you are on the balcony,  inside the cabin it is not as noticeable depending on the film being shown.  When we were on the Summit one of the movies was A Star is Born and it was shown at 12, 2, &4  we could hear it clearly on the balcony and when the film was at the point of a concert we could hear it inside. 

Thank you 🙏🏻  big help with information. Just what I needed to know . 😀
Do you recall how late they played movies until ? During the day it’s breakfast on the balcony then out by pool or exploring.  Worried  about the bright lights . We live in the country  it’s dark and peaceful evenings here .

When we were on they played PG rated movies in the evening and showed them a 6 & 8.

I asked why R rated during the day and PG at night.   They said more families watched in the evening.  I guess they didn't go up during the afternoon to see the kids up there.

1132 is1 cabin down from the exterior stairway down to the Sunset Bar and Oceanview.  Very convenient but often folks making a drink run let the door slam behind them.

We like the middle 3 of the 5 aft facing cabins on deck 11. The balconies are huge and they are buffered from the slamming door.  If we can't get one of them we would move farther forward nearer 1104-1110.

19 hours ago, jelayne said:

When we were on they played PG rated movies in the evening and showed them a 6 & 8.

I asked why R rated during the day and PG at night.   They said more families watched in the evening.  I guess they didn't go up during the afternoon to see the kids up there.

1132 is1 cabin down from the exterior stairway down to the Sunset Bar and Oceanview.  Very convenient but often folks making a drink run let the door slam behind them.

We like the middle 3 of the 5 aft facing cabins on deck 11. The balconies are huge and they are buffered from the slamming door.  If we can't get one of them we would move farther forward nearer 1104-1110.

Excellent information. The aft cabins are sold out that location was our first choice .