Breakfast Buffet on the Legend

cruisn4evr

Everytime we cruise ( we haven't been on a Carnival cruise as of yet) the breakfast buffet is a nightmare. No seats by 9 am and very long lines. How does the legend stack up when it comes to the "breakfast rush?" Is there plenty of seating or is it mass confusion? Also, how is the food? Thanks!

I have never eaten a single meal in the buffet on Carnival or Princess. I prefer the dining room. I know my same seat will always be there (on Carnival anyway) on "at sea" days as you generally sit at your same table. I do like this feature about Carnival. This way, we need not wait outside the dining room for other travel companions to show to be seated. They know exactly what table, whether breakfast or lunch. Again, this only applies to Carnival and only "at sea" days.

<html>

<head>

<title></title>

</head>

<body>

<font color="#FF0000">Grand Princess 2-2001</font>

<font color="#0000FF">Grand Princess 12-2001</font>

<font color="#FF8000">Carnival Paradise 3-2002</font>

<font color="#FF00FF">Carnival Destiny 10-2002</font>

<font color="#008000">Golden Princess 10-2003</font>

<font color="#0000A0">Carnival Legend 6-8-2004</font>

dice.gif

</body>

</html>

We were on the Legend in Feb. The first couple of mornings we woke up after 10:00am, missed the dining room breakfast, so went to the buffet. We found a table although it was VERY crowded.

Breakfast was the same old thing everyday. It was ok, nothing great. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, bagels, cream cheese, same fruit etc. They did have the make your own omelet station if didn't mind waiting, the line for that was always long.

After that we went to the dining for breakfast. Nicer atmosphere and they had eggs benedict which I enjoy.

2/2004 Carnival Legend/Exotic Western Carribean

4/2003 HAL Statendam/Sea of Cortez

9/2002 CarnivalHoliday/Western Caribbean

4/2001 Carnival/Western Caribbean

4/2000 Carnival Paradise/Southern Caribbean

5/1999 RCCL/Alaska

4/1998 NCL/Pacific Coastal

10/1997 Carnival/Mexican Riviera

11/1995 Carnival Holiday/4 day Baja Mexico

6/1992 RCCL Viking Serenade/4 day Baja Mexico

6/1981 Pacific Princess/Pacific Coastal

...After a long night, we usually never make it to the Dining Room for breakfest. Actually, we enjoy the casual atmosphere of the breakfast buffet. If you keep in mind that it's a buffet cooked for 2,000 people, it's just fine. There usually about the same foods everyday but is a fine assortment. Besides eggs, bacon, sausage, bagels, cream cheese, pancakes, french toast and fruit, there is a fresh omelet station. As far as seats, we've never had a problem finding a table for four. ...Hope this helps...

Smooth Seas and a Gentle Breeze... Doug

CELEBRATION 11/93

Dolphin IV 10/94

IMAGINATION 10/95

SENSATION 10/96

FASCINATION 10/97

RCCL Grandeur/Seas 10/98

CARNIVAL DESTINY 10/99

ECSTASY 2/00

CARNIVAL DESTINY 10/00

CARNIVAL SPIRIT 12/01

NCL Sun 8/02

CARNIVAL SPIRIT 3/03

CARNIVAL TRIUMPH 3/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;28;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Maybe a New Year's cruise??

icon_cool.gif

I arise early so I never experienced any lines. icon_biggrin.gif One day they will have french toast, the next blueberry pancakes or banana pancakes. The older Asian cook on the starboard side of the buffet cooks a great omlet. There is lots of fresh fruit, cereal, ect. Of course they still serve those dreaded "hocky puck" hash browns. icon_frown.gif I love grits but a grit should NEVER be placed on a steam table! icon_mad.gif

paramedic_vehicle_flashing_md_wht.gif

since it was brought up, don't be all miss the homefries carnival used to serve instead of those things they call hashbrowns?

Fascination 1997 Destiny 2000

Victory 2000 Sensation 2001

Norway 2002 Legend 2002

NCL Dawn 2003 Inspiration 2003

Victory 2004 Holiday 2004

Ah yes, the dreaded hash browns. icon_eek.gif

More like squashed tater tots.

On balance, the breakfast buffets are not bad.

At least they don't have scrapple on the menu.

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

detroit100.gif

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;10;9;7;10;00&timezone=GMT-0500

And then:

Carnival Spirit 12/10/05 Mexican Riviera

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;12;10;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Perhaps something else in the works as well. Watch this space.

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

Comments about breakfast are interesting. Other than the normal eggs, bacon, OJ, oatmeal, pancakes, sausage, milk, bagles, fruit, coffee, cereal, etc., what else does anyone want to suggest to Carnival for breakfast?

Might be interesting?

1/16/05 Conquest Cruzin' Crazies!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;1;16;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Archived