will Windstar allow cancelled cruises to be moved to new date at same price?

I have a March 4, 2021 Spirit Tahiti cruise that was just cancelled. I'd like to move to a new date with the same terms I have now. I have a $200 deposit but had not made final payment yet. Will you allow me to move the booking to a new date and keep the same price, deposit, and ship credits I have now?

I wish you had this option.  Now that my March 11th in Tahiti has been cancelled - I'd like the same cruise and same price a year later.  FCC but double or triple the price doesn't quite cut it.  You've had my deposit for almost a year -  -  -   guess cash and no cruise is my best option!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. In most cases we are able to honor the same rate, however, these situations are evaluated on a case by case basis.  There are some situations where we aren’t able to accommodate a rate protection based on the new deployment of the ship or changed itineraries.  If you find that your rescheduled cruise is at a higher rate, contact your travel advisor or Windstar’s Guest Services team to see if we are able to provide any level of rate protection or compensation.

I have it in writing from someone at Windstar that when I go to rebook my cancelled Tahiti cruise that the rate I booked at will be honored. Hopefully Windstar honors this. It would be on the same ship, Wind Spirit, with the same itinerary. A shame ,crilski, that after the president of Windstar states they would honor the rate that they wouldn't do it for you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had a client/friend booked on Windspirit Feb 2021 and when I got notification of cancelation the rep told me no benefits will be transferred, when they rebook it'll be as a new booking. 😰
Feel so bad, this client has had  4 cruises canceled on them!

Well it's a book nope for me too when they just canceled my April 29 18 day cruise. I'll need to pay the going rate for a rebooking. Seems so unfair as I know two people who were canceled last month for March 2021 and they were able to switch to the same cruise for 2022 at the same price as their cancelled cruise.

Not cool Windstar. You can do whatever your heart desires but you'd be a Shining Star if you treated all clients equally.