Any Thoughts Sailing from Italy Fall 2021??

mpdog42

I would like to sail out of Italy next fall, but am wondering what ships MSC may put out first.

I like the new Seashore but it hasn't had any sailing yet and some of the other ships i was looking at are their older ones.

Do you think they will stager their ships, like the plans for the North American market? Will all of the ships be ready the sail by October?

Thanks!

I count 14 MSC ships sailing with Italian embarkation ports in October alone.  As soon as MSC feels it's safe and gets the go ahead from the other European countries/ports I think they will rapidly start deploying all their scheduled ships.  I'm sure there will be some crew staffing difficulties but I feel pretty confident MSC will have a strong presence in the Med by October, 2021.  With that concentration of ships I'm hoping for some good deals also.

• Like 1

MSC normally places their newest ships on itineraries from Italian ports. You’ll most likely find these ships on their most popular itineraries, like round trip Mediterranean sailings from Civitavecchia. 

That’s how we sailed aboard MSC Meraviglia when she was brand new a few years ago. We sailed from Civitavecchia to Palermo, Valletta, Barcelona, Marseille and Genoa. It was an absolutely wonderful cruise, and because we sailed “off season” in late November, we took advantage of rock bottom fares. Airfare was also considerably cheaper than flying during the summer. And the cooler temperatures were added icing on the cake. It made touring and sightseeing much easier. 

6 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

Have either of you booked YC?

I currently have several bookings for Fall 2021 to Spring 2022.  While it's nice I tend to avoid YC on the Fantasia class ships, I'm usually fine in a regular cabin.  All my YC bookings are on what I consider the better YC, the Seaside class and (hopefully) Seashore.  But I might consider the YC on the Meraviglia Plus class, Bellissima and Virtuosa.  I have nothing against the smaller, non-YC ships and if they had an itinerary I liked would sail them with the understanding of what they do and don't offer.

16 hours ago, Até said:

I currently have several bookings for Fall 2021 to Spring 2022.  While it's nice I tend to avoid YC on the Fantasia class ships, I'm usually fine in a regular cabin.  All my YC bookings are on what I consider the better YC, the Seaside class and (hopefully) Seashore.  But I might consider the YC on the Meraviglia Plus class, Bellissima and Virtuosa.  I have nothing against the smaller, non-YC ships and if they had an itinerary I liked would sail them with the understanding of what they do and don't offer.

Yeah, i kind of noticed that when i was checking out YC's....the newer ships seemed to have a better YC product!