14-Day Mediterranean & Israel - question on excursion

Mflem1278

We are considering 2021 or 2022 on the Island Princess.  October.

My question is concerning the following excursion

Jerusalem, Bethlehem & Galilee Overland - Double Accommodation

23.5 hours | Jerusalem/Bethlehem (Ashdod) | AS1-800

I would like to hear from those who have done this overnight excursion - pros and cons.  And would like to hear from those who did single day excursions thru the cruieline in the holy land also.

Jerusalem and Bethlehem are the main reasons why we are considering this cruise.  Anybody have any thoughts on this?

• Like 1

I have not done this excursion, but the overnight is better than separate excursions each day.

Reason is that the port is at least 90 minutes from Jerusalem.  You get to see more with the overnight since you do not have to waste the 3 hours for the extra back and forth. You can sightsee longer on the first day and start sightseeing earlier on the second day.

Several years ago we did a two day private tour. The first day was so much more relaxed without the pressure to return to the ship that day. It also allowed us some evening time on our own in Jerusalem.

I’ve lived in Israel and have visited many times. You must do the overnight, as all other historical sites, you need a few weeks, never mind 2 days. Both places are beautiful and seeing cities that are over 2,000 years old is amazing. 

I have visited Israel many times, including by ship.  I have never done ship tours there because I go primarily to visit family.  I am waiting now to fly to Israel, country is not open to foreigners due to virus.  Given this, I suggest you consider 2022 vs 2021.  

Having visited Israel I would suggest you do a ship tour vs independent tour on your own.  Sometimes ports change there due to unrest.   Two ports Ashdod and Haifa.  If unrest in south of Israel ship will drop Ashdod and go to Haifa.  Ship tours and overnight activities can be done from either port.  

Wonder country, you will have a great time.